Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin never runs full speed on paper mario ttyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yep, that's the 5.0 release! Thank you for posting that and clearing up the confusion.

So, of the tips I said before, what have you tried?
(07-15-2017, 07:54 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Under Windows, change your power settings to High Performance.  In your NVidia Control Panel, set the Manage 3D Settings > Power management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.  

In Dolphin, try enabling / disabling Dual Core.  Under the graphic options, try enabling Store EFB to Texture Only.  And of course, make sure you're using the OpenGL backend
all my power settings are set to maximum performance
(07-15-2017, 07:56 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's the 5.0 release! Thank you for posting that and clearing up the confusion.

you said that I should use opengl and to try another thing "starts with a v" and I don't know how to use that other thing... My computer for some reason hates it when the bridge appears at the beginning of chapter one
(07-15-2017, 07:56 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's the 5.0 release! Thank you for posting that and clearing up the confusion.

ok nevermind about that, I just got the latest dev build and I am going to try using Vulkan
Vulkan is a new backend in the latest dev builds, it may help.

BTW, if you want to try the latest dev builds, Dolphin stores your settings, game saves, and things in the "global user directory", away from where the builds themselves are! So you can run a new build in a new location even without deleting the old build, and both builds will have access to your settings and game saves!
(07-15-2017, 08:15 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Vulkan is a new backend in the latest dev builds, it may help.

BTW, if you want to try the latest dev builds, Dolphin stores your settings, game saves, and things in the "global user directory", away from where the builds themselves are! So you can run a new build in a new location even without deleting the old build, and both builds will have access to your settings and game saves!

Okay, so when I tried the newest build there is now an issue where no matter what I can never get 60 fps. it now runs lower than 50 at start of the game 47-48 fps then gains to about 54 fps and never reaches 60, I have tried switching some of the settings but none of them seem to help as no matter what I can no longer get 60 fps. my gtx 960m must hate dolphin or something
Can you show us screenshots of your graphics settings please?
(07-15-2017, 08:31 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Can you show us screenshots of your graphics settings please?

No matter what I change it runs the same...
[attachment=16127]
[attachment=16128]
[attachment=16129]
and I have nothing checked in advanced
Just to eliminate the obvious, are you sure you're using a NTSC version of the game, and not PAL? Also, while running the game, play it in windowed mode an report what the VPS shows at the top

Also, did you try any of the suggestions I previously posted?
(07-15-2017, 08:41 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Just to eliminate the obvious, are you sure you're using a NTSC version of the game, and not PAL?  Also, while running the game, play it in windowed mode an report what the VPS shows at the top

Also, did you try any of the suggestions I previously posted?

Yes I have tried your suggestions and now I am going to try it in windowed mode
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6