Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin never runs full speed on paper mario ttyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
We provide up to date builds on our website: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ You know, this website you are on now!
(07-14-2017, 12:36 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]We provide up to date builds on our website: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ You know, this website you are on now!

Then I don't know how I have a forked version ...
Random cosmic joke perhaps? Tongue

I knew there was something in the back of my mind about the VR fork: I totally forgot that Carl Kenner was the author.
and here we are where nobody helps me with my issue ;-;
Well you didn't actually say whether or not you are still using a fork, and we shouldn't provide help to fork users (WAY too many unknown variables, not to mention inferior performance in most cases!).

I guess I might as well give you a list of things that might help.

1. Update to the latest official dev build, NOT a fork.
2. Make sure your laptop is set to maximum performance in the windows power settings and in the nvidia control panel.
3. You have an Nvidia GPU, so make sure you are not using D3D for it. Dolphin's bounding box emulation is kicked to a slow path on Nvidia for whatever reason. OpenGL or Vulkan will be fine.
4. Try Vulkan!
5. Check for any silly settings. For example, make sure Dual Core is on, and that you are using DSP HLE recompiler (DSP LLE is not necessary for this game anymore!)

Try those out, and see if any of them help!
(07-14-2017, 07:19 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Well you didn't actually say whether or not you are still using a fork, and we shouldn't provide help to fork users (WAY too many unknown variables, not to mention inferior performance in most cases!).

I guess I might as well give you a list of things that might help.

1. Update to the latest official dev build, NOT a fork.
2. Make sure your laptop is set to maximum performance in the windows power settings and in the nvidia control panel.
3. You have an Nvidia GPU, so make sure you are not using D3D for it. Dolphin's bounding box emulation is kicked to a slow path on Nvidia for whatever reason. OpenGL or Vulkan will be fine.
4. Try Vulkan!
5. Check for any silly settings. For example, make sure Dual Core is on, and that you are using DSP HLE recompiler (DSP LLE is not necessary for this game anymore!)

Try those out, and see if any of them help!
Alright, I am not using a forked version btw so idk where that came from... is it because i put 5.0 x64? I honestly don't know what you mean by forked. Anyways though, thanks for the help and I have no idea how to use Vulkan.
Hello, I made a post asking for help because of some performance issues. But I have been told I am using a forked version of dolphin. This gets me confused because I have no idea what they are talking about. However if someone can explain why this is happening and how I can fix this it would be really appreciated! I am sorry that I have no idea what is going on and I think I have the right to at least know whats going on. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
[attachment=16125]

That is what my dolphin main screen looks like if that helps any.
(07-15-2017, 06:24 AM)logicalatomical Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I am not using a forked version btw so idk where that came from... is it because i put 5.0 x64?

It's because you said "I am on dolphin vr 5.0". Dolphin VR is a fork. But based on the screenshot in https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...ed-version, you actually aren't using Dolphin VR.

(07-15-2017, 06:24 AM)logicalatomical Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't know what you mean by forked.

It basically means a version of Dolphin that wasn't created by us.
This was very clearly answered in your previous thread. There is no reason to create a new thread. And your screenshot doesn't show what revision you're using. Click on Help at the top, then click on About. Then post a screenshot of what it shows. If you don't do this, no one will continue to help you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6