Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Paper Mario - how to disable Bounding Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(05-31-2016, 07:29 AM)ericBG Wrote: [ -> ]After living through what seemed like hours of OpenGL being laggy, yes. I'll try D3D11 and then the software renderer to see if any of those are better.

EDIT: Tried D3D11, also crash at the exact same place. Last hope now...

are u using save state by any chance?
that might be cause.
or if u are really desparate pass me save file i will try to see if it happens to me
Actually, yeah.

Save states make things very dicey.

Also, try turning off dual core mode.
(05-31-2016, 07:34 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Software will be painfully slow and I don't know if software even has BBox implemented. OGL shouldn't be slow on nvidia unless you have some weird setting (close Dolphin, delete dolphin.ini in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/config to find out, you'll reset your settings though)

D3D12 hanging is a bug, but since we're all focused on getting 5.0 out the door and we only have one D3D12 maintainer, it may not get fixed very quickly

Anything to get past this Tongue enjoying my 1fps!

Yeah for some reason OGL is being about 2x as slow as both D3D11 and 12, I'm not sure why. After I finish the software rendering test I'll try reset my config, thanks Smile (Does that reset controller config too?)

It's just on that scene, D3D12 has been perfect apart from that! I'd help out but I don't know the foggiest about
Delete Dolphin.ini and gfx.ini if it exists. oops.

It won't reset your GC controller settings.
(05-31-2016, 07:38 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]are u using save state by any chance?
that might be cause.
or if u are really desparate pass me save file i will try to see if it happens to me

(05-31-2016, 07:39 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, yeah.

Save states make things very dicey.

Also, try turning off dual core mode.

No savestates.

Will try turning off dual core mode, thanks!

(05-31-2016, 07:44 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Delete Dolphin.ini and gfx.ini if it exists. oops.

It won't reset your GC controller settings.

Tried deleting both of those, OGL is still at ~30fps while D3D11 and 12 are at 60fps.
If it's 30 fps then I suspect that your drivers are doing something dumb and forcing vsync on somewhere, or you turned it on yourself.

As for the freezing, multiple devs have rechecked this on both Maxwell and kepler and nobody can reproduce your issue. Sorry.
Yep nope, with DC rendering off and OGL reset, still hangs (it makes a noise as well, like a constant buzz - should've mentioned this earlier and I completely forgot)...
(05-31-2016, 07:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]If it's 30 fps then I suspect that your drivers are doing something dumb and forcing vsync on somewhere, or you turned it on yourself.

As for the freezing, multiple devs have rechecked this on both Maxwell and kepler and nobody can reproduce your issue. Sorry.

That's really weird... is there any way someone that got it working could pass me their config to see if it might be to do with some defaults being off? Really not sure why...

Thanks for everything regardless
as i said, u can pass me save file i can at very end pass that for you.
just upload ur memory card file somwhere
but i am more curious to see if i can reproduce problem
i hope u are playing ntsc?
OH MY GOD I AM SO STUPID.

I kept turning AA and Screen Scaling back on after deleting GFX.ini and Dolphin.ini, as I thought it wouldn't affect it. Left them on proper default this time and it worked perfectly fine.

I'm sorry, this is all my fault and I should've tried that... sorry for wasting everyone's time, and thanks a lot IcemanSR and Helios Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4