Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Tales of Symphonia Dawn New World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

rayden

[Image: ToSD_BoxFrontboxart_160w.jpg]

This is my first post in this forum, so hi everyone!!! hehe

Well let's start, I tried this in game in DolphinIL r2813.

- What works:
- Game speed is pretty good even in combat
- Sound in DolphinIL works almost perfectly, just rarely hangs and goes into a loop but recovers afters a few seconds

- What doesn't work:
- Game speed sometimes runs too fast and the image gets ahead of sound :p
- Graphics is extremely bugged, it only works good when Emil is having flashbacks. And while in combat, all the bars just don't appear.
- If you try to statesave the game just hangs in the next speech line.

And to better descrybe the problems let's put some pretty pictures:

First Cutscenes:

[Image: talesknight2.th.jpg]
The Creepy Marta! Big Grin

Town:

[Image: talesknight13.th.jpg]

Flashback:

[Image: talesknight17.th.jpg]

No Menu or Bars Combat:

[Image: talesknight19.th.jpg]

Map:

[Image: talesknight18.th.jpg]

Oh and I use laptop : DuoT7500 Geforce 8600m GS 256 mb, 2GB ram

Don't know if u guys got this game to work well, and for me it hangs on first battle when i get it the dungeon after meeting Marta.

So i guess in general the game isn't much playable yet :| . It would be nice if you guys could do it =), I'll cheer! hehe
how did u solve the bug in the beginning? that one that keeps asking for a ToS clear data in memory card?? and if u press no, it still asks for it?
Please help me i really wanna play this game!!
Thanks
Memory Card? You're probably playing Gamecube version of Tales.
Because he/she is using older SVN, which i found out that the memory card loops appear on SVN 3110.
Try use SVN before it.

rayden

(06-03-2009, 04:57 PM)downloadaja Wrote: [ -> ]Because he/she is using older SVN, which i found out that the memory card loops appear on SVN 3110.
Try use SVN before it.

Yep that's just about it :p.

It's great that the game works better now, but did any of u manage to pass the first battle in the tutorial cave?

The little bugger just stands there, and no matter how many times I cut him he won't die Huh
(06-04-2009, 04:41 AM)rayden Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2009, 04:57 PM)downloadaja Wrote: [ -> ]Because he/she is using older SVN, which i found out that the memory card loops appear on SVN 3110.
Try use SVN before it.

Yep that's just about it :p.

It's great that the game works better now, but did any of u manage to pass the first battle in the tutorial cave?

The little bugger just stands there, and no matter how many times I cut him he won't die Huh

I haven't played the game on Emulator yet, but on My Wii, you have to wait until all the tutorial messages are done to be able to damage it.
of course its another sound bug, dolphin is the first emulator wich knows how to emulate the sound, but cant keep it going, the sound stops messing a lot of games that has this kind of event wich waits for some sound to play b4 happening.

dont u think that it would be something real easy to fix? since the emulator knows how to emulate, but the sound only lasts for like 1 min, sometimes 5 mins? man thers lots of games wich this happens:

RE: umbrella cronicles
Super paper mario
Mario kart WII
Onechanbara : bikini zombie slayers
Super Smash Bros brawl
Fatal Frame 4
[gc]Metroid prime 2
these are the onjes ive tested, may be others.

some games loses sound completely, while some others just loses the gfx but music keeps going.

well ive looked into the source code, and i don think thats goin to be easy to fix, coz the code is a litle complex but seens to be alright, and many many games runs perfectly on it, there was no big deal for gc games, only one i could find with problems like this on sound, but for wii, almost all the good games around are getting this problem, i guess we had to get a rewrite of the plugin or something else just for wii emulation, or we just gota wait till LLE is out officialy, but one thing i know, this HLE issue isnt even on the devs TODO list =P

so i guess they are including this on the LLE development(or it isnt a issue on the sound plugin itself)

anyway, im not sure if this is the problem with this game but seens to, so lets just wait for the new LLE plugin =)
Try use SVN before it.

Any ideas why this occurs? Is there an Issue on the SVN page about this?
I had posted the issue (1008), and death-droid gave the Cc to LinesPrower.

rayden

Anyone noticed anything different with the new SVN? Gonna restart playing next week (my laptop went Boom :'( )

Like the Memory Card bug is still there? Or the "undefeatable" blue monster in the tutorial cave :p .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17