Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Dead Space Extraction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dead Space Extraction

Dead Space Extraction tells the story of a handful of space colonists desperately struggling to escape from a horrific infection on the Aegis VII mining colony deep in the furthest regions of space. The game introduces a new heroine to the fiction and as the crew fall victim to a mysterious contagion aboard the ship, it becomes clear that protecting her may be their only hope for survival. Dead Space Extraction introduces all new characters, weapons, enemies, puzzles and co-operative multiplayer gameplay.

Built from the ground up and developed exclusively for the Wii, Dead Space Extraction is a prequel that reveals the events leading up to Isaac Clarke's mission on the USG Ishimura in the original Dead Space game released in 2008. Dead Space Extraction marries the innovative motion controls of the Wii Remote with a frenetic first person perspective to create a new action-packed horror experience.

IGN.com

General Settings
  • Dual Core: Enabled
  • Idle Skipping: Enabled
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Disabled
  • LLE DSP on thread: Enabled
  • Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
  • Dynamic Recompilation: Enabled
  • Watchdog: 60

Wii Settings
  • Progressive Scan: Disabled

OpenGL Settings

No special settings to mention

DSP Settings

No special settings to mention

Emulated Wiimote Settings

Extension:
  • Nunchuck

Known Problems

Game runs slowly at 10-15 FPS (max here is 25/30)

Overall

Game is playable, I don't know if it will be enjoyable, because it runs slowly on my PC (C2D T9550 2.66Ghz, 4GB RAM, GF9600M GS). Graphics seem to be perfect though, no glitches so far with OpenGL. Controls work perfectly, sound is working very well. Status: [color=#0000CD]In Game[/color]

Screenshots/Videos

[Image: dolphin2009092422325292.th.jpg][Image: dolphin2009092422330468.th.jpg][Image: dolphin2009092422342289.th.jpg][Image: dolphin2009092422374626.th.jpg][Image: dolphin2009092422375664.th.jpg]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask questions about the game here

Dugie

Obiously there is nothing worth posting if you haven't done it yourself.
Either that or you don't have the game yourself.
More info, please? I'd like to know.
At the moment I'm doing this post, my Wii using Wii Disc Dumper application by nitrotux sends an ISO file to my PC. It doesn't go really fast with my connection, would take around 5-6 hours or so. Get it?
i WILL be getting it tomorrow (pal) and i will (just like nosound) dump it before playing Tongue

(if i knew the release date sooner i would've preordered and played it now... >_> )
EDIT: ripping...
Updated with information
altho its slow as fuck(35% in menu's and 60 with IL & null sound) and has minor glitches, the game is awesome (played 2 chapters on my wii Smile ) and works
Definitely someone with a real computer should try it and report ^^

bug

on my pc it's running beautifully at full speed, with the dx9 plugin. opengl has messed up video for me. my system is a core i7, 9800gx2, 6gb ddr3 ram and windows 7 x64 professional, rarely an actual LEGAL install from msdn Tongue
Its working pretty good for me. Not full speed, but at about 40 of 50 fps. I use DX9 and my system is a Q6600 (3,4 ghz) and a ATI 4870 hd.
One question: In the beginning of the game there are to fix the railways and the game wants me to turn the Wiimote at the side for the secondary fire.

Is there any possibility to emulate this movement? Its so ridiculous, the game runs well, but I cannot play it, because of the problems with this damned control.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10