Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Anyone got this game to run ok ???. I can play till the Aliens appear then the game starts crashing. Im using R 6541 3D9 ...

Hi again ;0)

I have tried 4 different versions of Dolphin and this game still crashes right after you have incountered the first Aliens ... ;0(

It seems to me to be the hickups that occour when there are loud sounds that crashes the game ... The game seem to pause for a milli second when there are explosions and things like that

Anyone got this working on any revision of Dolphin without problems ????

Im using R6542 on a I7 930 4.0 Ghz ;0)
Hi there,

Can MP3 work with dual core enabled ? I have tried with dual core and I have a FIFO error from the very start with rev 6707.

With single core, the game runs, but very slowly (15 FPS). I could not find the hack mentioned at the beginning of this topic in the properties menu.

My settings : DX9, EFB Fractional, EFB CPU Access, EFB copy to texture Safe texture cache enabled.

Thanks for your help ! The game seems great but not that fun in slow motion.
(01-02-2011, 08:32 PM)jpoubelle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Can MP3 work with dual core enabled ? I have tried with dual core and I have a FIFO error from the very start with rev 6707.

With single core, the game runs, but very slowly (15 FPS). I could not find the hack mentioned at the beginning of this topic in the properties menu.

My settings : DX9, EFB Fractional, EFB CPU Access, EFB copy to texture Safe texture cache enabled.

Thanks for your help ! The game seems great but not that fun in slow motion.
You can use dual core, but..

Paste "FIFOBPHack = True" into your dx9 config file without the quotes.

However, even with that, the game will probably crash after playing for a little while. Also runs slowly too, so I dunno, I've pretty much given up trying to get this game to run decent enough in Dolphin.

Well... I pasted FIFOBPHack = True into User/config/gfx_dx9 (last line of the file).

It did not work... is that the correct file / location in the file ?

On the other hand, rev 6285 works fine in double core, dont ask me why... I am interested to know if I am doing the pasting thing right though. Newer versions seem to work faster.

Thanks !
(01-06-2011, 06:09 AM)jpoubelle Wrote: [ -> ]Well... I pasted FIFOBPHack = True into User/config/gfx_dx9 (last line of the file).

It did not work... is that the correct file / location in the file ?

On the other hand, rev 6285 works fine in double core, dont ask me why... I am interested to know if I am doing the pasting thing right though. Newer versions seem to work faster.

Thanks !

Yes, that is the correct file / location. Maybe the error you got was a different one than the one that that fixes??

Like you said, though, I have heard that the recent revs might not have this problem with the FIFO.

Also, I have seen that there have recently been a couple things... some optimizations and perhaps some regressions too (for Metroid games?). A bunch of texture optimizations and some big FIFO changes have been added on the google code page for Dolphin. I have occasionally tested a newer rev with MP3 and haven't seen much difference, although my mid-range couple-year-old computer kinda sucks so it might be my fault.

I believe that there may be some additional FIFO changes in the works, so I was waiting a little bit to see how it all shakes out in the end.

p.s.
I forgot to say, if you are going to use the scanner, you'll want to set EFB to RAM.
Then, I can finish this game with Dolphin?
At 60fps?
Quote:Then, I can finish this game with Dolphin?
At 60fps?
Thanks to the random crashing this game is almost unplayable.

And it's very difficult to run this game at fullspeed in a lot of areas.
How's this game now? Is it stable on any revision at all? I'm planning on upgrading to a Intel SB CPU to summer and then overclock to about 4-4.4GHz (along with my GTX470) and I was wondering if that would cut it hardware wise. I play at 1080p without AA.
Quote:How's this game now? Is it stable on any revision at all?

No not really. And the coloring issues are extremely annoying. Trust me you should just stick to MP and MP2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40