Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen Hack Fix (involves a backup-loader)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
You know how ugly Mario Sunshine looks with the Widescreen hack right?

Well, download Swiss-GC, boot from the ISO or DOL, i don't care, then change the disk to Super Mario Sunshine, force the Widescreen hack and you'll be amazed.

For those not getting it, using the widescreen hack from Swiss-GC instead of Dolphin ones fixes Super Mario Sunshine's heat waves.

Pics:

Spoiler:
You guys said it was impossible, we need an explination Tongue
Who said it was impossible?
I was joking.

Anyways, what i mean was they said this was a limitation of the game, which it actually isn't.
@Anti-Ultimate - That's very interesting, I'll have to try it myself. Maybe if the devs had a FIFO log of this running, it could help them improve the Widescreen hack without the need for Swiss-GC?
I currently don't have time to do that. (8PM and still need to do homework >.>).

You'll be able to easily reproduce it. I think you know more on how to create a FIFO-Log than me Tongue
It honestly takes like two seconds to make a FIFO log, but whatever :p I'll have a go at this tonight.
(04-15-2013, 04:21 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, what i mean was they said this was a limitation of the game, which it actually isn't.
More wrong claims please!

You can obviously always hack stuff to support widescreen, but we don't want to end up with 20 different widescreen hacks in Dolphin, for obvious reasons...
Just some comparison shots, not asking for a fix to the widescreen hack. I
love using swiss for GC widescreen. thought more people knew about it
already. If anyone has gotten swiss to work with Metal Gear Solid: The
Twin Snakes, let me know please.
Spoiler:
@chane2k1 which settings did you use for Super Smash Bros Melee?

I am loading the "SwissFlasher.gcm" from dolphin gamelist and then Changing disc to Melee with force widescreen ON, but I can't get hide of those glitch of "efb reflection scaled"
(04-16-2013, 02:02 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]@chane2k1 which settings did you use for Super Smash Bros Melee?

I am loading the "SwissFlasher.gcm" from dolphin gamelist and then Changing disc to Melee with force widescreen ON, but I can't get hide of those glitch of "efb reflection scaled"
Well I used the latest Swiss r214 DOL to boot from, changed disc from Dolphin's menu, selected Widescreen=Yes in Swiss settings before launch and made sure that the Widescreen Hack was disabled and the Force 16:9 option was enabled Dolphin's gpu settings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9