Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WII U x dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hello guys, with the new nintendo console WII U, and the tons of games that will be released in hd remake, will dolphin face an cruel destiny ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...9h25ezd_Yo#!
What exactly are you trying to imply rafael?
rafael Wrote:will dolphin face an cruel destiny ?

You mean will people suddenly think about buying a WiiU to play HD remakes over Dolphin? Well, it's not like Nintendo can release HD remakes of every game, even the most popular ones. Many fans would get sick of it as well. So yes, Dolphin will still have a place for gamers, especially since it has a bunch of other useful features. Besides, this is a non-issue, since we'll have Dolphin Pro in a few years... (forget I said that).
(02-07-2013, 08:53 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just leave this here

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11111638/GZLE01-10.png
i dont understand this picture, is wii u remake uglyer than dolphins wind waker?

what i try to say is, for players that install dolphin to play more specific games like zeldas series, or mario karts series, will dolphin stand a chance?

i love dolphin, but if i use it just for some games id prefer to buy wii u than buy an i5 3570k and nice vga, ram ........

is this vídeo fake or true? have majoras in dolphin? ive never saw ;c

(02-07-2013, 10:17 AM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]i love dolphin, but if i use it just for some games id prefer to buy wii u than buy an i5 3570k and nice vga, ram ........

It's always been cheaper to buy a Gamecube or a Wii or even a WiiU to play these games, but for the people who like to use their PC for gaming, they're willing to spend the extra cash on a nice PC. If you're not, yeah, buy the console.
Quote:is this vídeo fake or true? have majoras in dolphin? ive never saw ;c

This is a fan made video using prerendered graphics (in other words not rendered in real time).

As far as we know so far the WiiU does not render Wii games at a higher resolution or play GC games. There are still plenty or reasons to choose dolphin over a WiiU for playing GC/Wii games. It won't look as good as a WiiU remake but very few GC/Wii games will be remade.
Maybe 1% of GCN and Wii games will get remakes, and maybe 25% of Wii/GCN will get HD ports. And who knows how long it may take for said ports to be released. Also, do you want to pay for your GCN/Wii library again?

Dolphin has its place. It may not be as popular when/if remakes and ports occur, but that's about it.
Quote:Maybe 0.1% of GCN and Wii games will get remakes, and maybe 1% of Wii/GCN will get HD ports.

Fixed that for you. There is no way that in a library of thousands of games that 25% of them are going to get WiiU ports.
Yeah, dolphin is much better in terms of liberty and library, and i can say that gc and wii games look 1000000000000x better than in consoles, thats why i choosed dolphin...

maybe dolhpin in a near future wmulate wii u games? can it be possible or just a dream? i mean, those not so beautifull games, because pc powers are unlimited, consoles not....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7