Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WII U x dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i find that zelda ww remake not all that impressive, dolphin does that already with bad-bloom effect in opengl
well sortof, that is what it looked like to me anyway

screenies for example:

[Image: Dolphin2013-02-0802-05-10-06_zpsf17e99f1.png]

[Image: Dolphin2013-02-0802-13-52-23_zps356638c7.png]

[Image: Dolphin2013-02-0802-07-23-64_zps3a190ef6.png]

yeah i know no widescreen hack/hi res pack etc etc Tongue
A bad bloom shader is not the same thing as decent lighting with proper shadows, global illumination, etc.
(02-08-2013, 11:25 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]A bad bloom shader is not the same thing as decent lighting with proper shadows, global illumination, etc.

i said it looked the same to me, not that it is the actual thing.
Looking at the WW remake screenshots, it looks to me like many models have been tweaked and textures have been retouched, although not redrawn. What would really sell me the game is new content, like a good reason to visit all the islands, and Master Quest/Hero Mode.

... Also looking forward to someone ripping those textures so we can use them. Tongue
Can i add or install textures for zelda Wind waker ?

whats the real function of the textures?

if Yes, where can i find and how i use it?

Thanks
(02-08-2013, 07:55 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]You people are crazy.
Yeah, they are crazy, the remake doesn't even have higher resolution textures - they're the same - just covered up by horrendous bloom and that terrible blue post-processing filter.
Look at the left side
Dolphin
WWHD
Why do game devs now think tinting everything the same color makes it look good? Or filling the whole screen with annoyingly bright light adds any artistic value?

Would've been fine had they just redid some of the lighting effects to add more dynamic shadows and whatnot - for instance, IIRC only one light source will cast a shadow on Link, even if there's multiple surrounding him, and some objects, like the fireflies in Forest Haven, weren't actually light sources, but geometry.
I don't notice any color tinting. The bloom is a bit overdone but other than that it looks much better.
I think what he's talking about is really just the light. Everything seems a little light blue-ish because of the illumination.

(02-08-2013, 12:00 PM)rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Can i add or install textures for zelda Wind waker ?

whats the real function of the textures?

if Yes, where can i find and how i use it?

Thanks

Textures are the images used in games. Without textures, models would be colorless shapes. The reason why people always make a fuzz about them is because a better texture = better, more detailed image at higher resolutions. Unlike models, which can be rendered in whatever resolution you want, textures are images, and stretching them will cause them too look all pixelated or blurry (like taking a tiny image and making it your computer's wallpaper. It'll look bad). It's the reason why menus, text, images, etc. all look blurry in emulators when you play at higher resolutions than default. Look around here and see for yourself.

Dolphin let's you use your own textures, but they're not exactly all over the place, since you have to re-draw the image. I don't know if there are any Wind Waker HD textures around.
So, all this Talk about textures and dont even exists ONE for the game?

Btw, thank you for the explanation
Lol, Im pretty sure that the wii u remake is gonna have better gfx due to the lighting. Hopefully there really is global illumination (real time, anyways).

SonofUgly, the only evidence you have is the first picture, while the rest of the pictures are zoomed out. You do have a bit of a point, but I wouldn't be talking to much yet until the game actually comes out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7