Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WII U x dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Btw rafael, that boxart is a FAKE! I hate all the bloody fake cover art websites that exist nowadays. vgboxart.com is entirely fakes. Ugh, makes finding the REAL cover that much harder.

/rant
(02-07-2013, 01:41 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
RachelB Wrote:Just look at it. It's clearly way better than the video you posted.

Throw some HD textures at it, and wii u would look worse than the original in comparison.
Not a chance. Have you seen the lighting effects in the remake?
You mean that godawful bloom everywhere? J/k apart from some overbright shots the lighting effects look pretty nice. I still think that the original in Dolphin looks better though, due to the nice, clean cartoon graphics.
If you don't mind jaggies everywhere, i guess.
(02-07-2013, 01:15 PM)Echoes Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2013, 11:06 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Maybe 0.1% of GCN and Wii games will get remakes, and maybe 1% of Wii/GCN will get HD ports.

Fixed that for you. There is no way that in a library of thousands of games that 25% of them are going to get WiiU ports.

Yeah, maybe I was being a little too optimistic there (and ignoring the size of the library).

IMO there won't be a lot of remakes. The only ones will probably be Zelda games, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, maybe Metroid Prime trilogy...
They will release these remakes because/when they have no new original games to offer (like this NSMBU?) Tongue
Wii U is stuck at 1080p, Dolphin can can keep going higher when people get better screensTongue

But in seriousnes, only a few games will be remade, also Wind Waker HD seems pretty lazy with just small texture improvements. (How about we rip them and use them in Dolphin?)
(02-07-2013, 09:59 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]IMO there won't be a lot of remakes. The only ones will probably be Zelda games, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, maybe Metroid Prime trilogy...
They will release these remakes because/when they have no new original games to offer (like this NSMBU?) Tongue

Super Mario Sunshine remake is a must!!!! Big Grin
(02-07-2013, 10:03 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2013, 09:59 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]IMO there won't be a lot of remakes. The only ones will probably be Zelda games, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, maybe Metroid Prime trilogy...

Yeah but it's only an old-school 2D (2.5) game. Not an impressive 3D game that would have made WiiU sales launch quickly Tongue
(02-07-2013, 10:42 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah but it's only an old-school 2D (2.5) game. Not an impressive 3D game that would have made WiiU sales launch quickly Tongue
What have you been playing O.o
(02-08-2013, 12:41 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2013, 10:42 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

What have you been playing O.o

Actually I had read New Super Mario Bros (I'd just talked about it) and not Super Mario Sunshine Tongue
RachelB Wrote:If you don't mind jaggies everywhere, i guess.

It doesn't look that bad to me. And like I said the lighting is much better. The textures are nice in the original WW but lighting effects are barely existent. You can definitely tell it was running on hardware from 2001.

dEnigma Wrote:I still think that the original in Dolphin looks better though, due to the nice, clean cartoon graphics.
KHRZ Wrote:also Wind Waker HD seems pretty lazy with just small texture improvements.

You people are crazy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7