Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Favorite Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was going through some of my old stuff and thought to create a thread of my favorite games.

Arcade/Mame:

1) Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
2) Mortal Kombat (1)
3) Art of Fighting (1)

I grew up with those arcade games and played them when they first arrived in the arcades. The first two are easily in my top 10 of all time.

Wii/Dolphin:

1) Mario Kart Wii
2) Punch-Out!!
3) Wii Sports

The Wii was good. but nothing that I'd get really excited about.

Gamecube/Dolphin:

1) Resident Evil 4
2) Zelda Wind Waker
3) Resident Evil (Remake)

The Gamecube was one of my favorite consoles. Resident Evil 4 is the best Resident Evil game to date, it has to be in my top 5 games of all time.

Nintendo 64/Project64:

1) Perfect Dark
2) Mario Kart 64
3) GoldenEye 007

Nothing beats Mario Kart 64 and Perfect Dark. PD is in my top 10 of all time.

Super Nintendo/ZNES:

1) Zelda: A Link to the Past
2) Super Mario World
3) Donkey Kong Country (1)

The SNES was good, much better than the Genesis.

Nintendo Entertainment System/RockNES:

1) Tecmo Super Bowl
2) Super Mario Brothers 3
3) Mike Tyson's Punch Out

I don't know how many hours of play me and a good friend had with Tecmo Super Bowl as we grew up, but it was a huge amount of time. Tecmo Super Bowl would be in my top 10 of all time.

PC:

1) Half-Life 2
2) Resident Evil 6 (I hope it's good enough to be number 2)
3) Resident Evil 5

I wasn't a real big PC gamer over the years, but I played (and still do) Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, created servers and maps for the longest time throughout 2005 to now. Half-Life 2 (DM) would be in my top 3 of games to play of all time.

I'd like to see your favorites, but try to only list the consoles/platforms I did and nothing more. To make it tough and interesting, only list your top 3 from each. Think of it as you picking the only 3 games that you are ever going to play from each platform.

Wonderful topic SS. I love talking about my favorites :p but why such a short list of systems? I can see if you want to keep it strictly (more or less) Nintendo, but come on, you can't leave out some of Nintendo's greatest handheld, can you?

Arcade / MAME
1) House of the Dead 2
2) Mega Man: The Power Fighters
3) Any DDR game

Man, so many wasted quarters on HotD2. I'd always play as both P1 and P2, holding both guns. I'm a huge Mega Man fan, so I've played the Power Fighters and it's sequel. Not afraid to DDR in public either.

PC
1) Half-Life
2) Counter-Strike
3) The Curse of Monkey Island

Half-Life, nuff said. This game is perfect. The countless mods speaks volumes about it. Counter-Strike was the online game to play some years ago. I have fond memories of strolling down to the local internet/gaming cafe and playing it for hours. They don't make games like The Curse of Monkey Island anymore. Good times.

Wii / Dolphin
1) Mario Kart Wii
2) Xenoblade Chronicles
3) Skyward Sword

MK Wii is a blast playing with my sister, especially when we both start swearing when the AI cheats. We come up with our best inside jokes when we play it. Xenoblade, nuff said. Mechanical Rhythm = best battle music I've heard in a while. Skyward Sword was enjoyable (again, playing it with my sis).

GC / Dolphin
1) Super Smash Bros Melee
2) Tales of Symphonia
3) Time Splitters 2

My God, SSBM was the only reason why I wanted a GC. I nearly drooled looking over the pics in Nintendo Power, and I'm sure I annoyed my friends by coming over just to play theirs (I didn't get a GC till 2-3 years after it came out). Tales of Symphonia is a classic JRPG imo, and it's still worth playing to this day. TS2 is just loads of fun, and the replayability was unmatched. Map editor ftw. Big Grin

N64 / Mupen64Plus
1) Super Smash Bros
2) Kirby 64
3) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

My God, SSB was the only reason why I wanted an N64. I didn't get an N64 until the very end of it's lifespan, but I was hooked on my friends' consoles. Yeah Kirby 64 outs LoZ:MM on my list, but what can I say, K64 is a cute game Blush. I got LoZ:MM before OoT; didn't understand most of the darker themes as a kid, but thought they were cool. Now some parts of the game are downright disturbing (even without relying on Zelda theories).

SNES / SNES9x
1) Mega Man X
2) Super Metroid
3) Chrono Trigger

MMX was the first game I ever emulated. In fact, I only ever got into emulation because I was sick for a whole week (pneumonia, 4th time ever) and wanted to find out what it was. I actually played Super Metroid after Metroid Prime because I wanted to know what else the series had to offer, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. Chrono Trigger is a must for anyone.

NES / FCEUX
1) Legend of Zelda
2) Super Mario Bros.
3) Tecmo Bowl

My mom would play LoZ and I'd watch as a very small kid. A decade and some years later, I played it again, and I remembered everything she'd done. Pretty weird, since it had been so long. Nothing like the original Mario game, nuff said. My dad would play Tecmo Bowl with me a lot. My strategy would always be to run as far back as possible (even to my own endzone) then make impossible 50+ yard passes.

Genesis / Mednafen
1) Sonic The Hedgehog3/Sonic & Knuckles
2) Sonic The Hedgehog
3) Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Man, me and Sonic go way back, all the way to 1991. I still remember the day my folks bought the Genesis at Toys R Us. The bundled Sonic The Hedgehog cartridge even says "Not for Resale" XD I still have a pile of Sonic Archie comics stashed away (and I still reread them too).

GBA / VBA-M
1) Mega Man Battle Network
2) Mega Man Zero
3) Metroid Fusion

MMBN still defines most of my GBA memories and playtime. I stopped after the 3rd game, but nothing beats it for me. MMZ was pretty hard compared to the other Mega Man games (if you're trying to get good rankings, that is, and I thoroughly enjoyed becoming a perfectionist with the series. The art's pretty sweet too. Metroid Fusion was an unforgettable Chirstmas/birthday present, my first real Metroid side-scrolling game.

DS / Desmume
1) The World Ends With You
2) Knights in the Nightmare
3) Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

The DS still rules as my JRPG system (11+ games). TWEWY is just, amazing. Combat feels like it uses the DS to the most, I mean, there isn't anything you don't use. Buttons, stylus, control pad, touch screen, microphone, even the freakin' lid was used. The art and music is kick ass, and it's challenging as well. Knights in the Nightmare is pretty dark, but the gameplay is incredible. Also, the game somewhat gave an edge to lefties Wink. GSBig GrinD, well it's a Golden Sun game. The puzzles are great and once again Camelot pushes the graphics (the resolution is small, to be sure, but it looks as good as some of the best PS1 games, imo).

Playstation / PCSXR
1) Spyro The Dragon
2) Mega Man X4
3) Valkyrie Profile

Spyro was fresh when it came out, and it was my first real 3D game I played. Countless hours spent there. MMX4 is really the only PS1 Mega Man game I actually finished, so it's on the list. I got Valkyrie Profile after reading about it in EGM, and I was impressed with the depth of its battle system, though I only just now beat it this year, in January.

Playstation 2 / PCSX2
1) Star Ocean 3
2) Tales of the Abyss
3) Kingdom Hearts II

Yeah, the PS2 was my JRPG machine back then. SO3 was my very first JRPG and I loved every moment of it. The battle system and item creation system simply have too much depth to describe. A couple of years after I first played it, I discovered there was a ton of things to do after the main game, e.g. a handful of extra bosses whose HPs numbered in the millions (no joke) even on Normal difficulty. Abyss was good and has one of the best battle systems yet in the Tales series imo (Xillia might change that next year when it comes over here). Haven't played the first Kingdom Hearts game, but KHII was a trip to say the least, definitely loved the combat.

Playstation 3
1) Valkyrie Chronicles
2) Metal Gear Solid 4
3) Little Big Planet

I got the PS3 hoping it'd be another JRPG machine . Eh, not so much, only a few gems here and there. Valkyrie Chronicles is one of them. Great SRPG, expertly blends real-time and turn-based tactics and the graphics are one-of-a-kind. I love MGS4, and I love the themes it has. Even with all the cutscenes, I thought it was a pretty dramatic game and a great exit for Solid Snake. LBP here cause it's fun and imaginative.

XBOX
1) Halo: CE
2) Halo 2
3) Halo: CE

I only own two XBOX games. I love Halo for the campaign, mostly the co-op. I used to go over to my friend's house every Saturday, and that's all we'd play for hours. I'm also genuinely fond of the universe Bungie crafted (it's pretty detailed and fleshed out, if you read the books, graphics novels, etc). That gave Halo a lot of history outside of what the games showed. But nothing beats playing with a buddy (not even nostalgia).

XBOX 360
1) Tales of Vesperia
2) Star Ocean 4
3) Halo 3

Actually have more JRPGs on the 360 than the PS3 atm. ToV and SO4 were both 100+ hour games for me (ToV with multiple playthroughs). I liked the cast and story of Vesperia better than Abyss, and the battle system is second in my book for the Tales series. SO4's story sucked balls (they weren't trying, I guarantee you that) but the graphics were pretty and the item creation system was pretty good (not as good as SO3's). Also, more extra bosses with HPs in the millions. I kid you not, fighting the third form Ethereal Queen even on Normal difficulty takes me an hour of fighting, mind you in real-time. Maybe I'm just bad at winning things quickly, but I love insane challenges like that. Halo 3 again, for the single player experience and story. Also Martin O' Donnel is a musical genius.
There are some good choices there, it'll be interesting to see what others like and no list will be the same.
Nintendo 64/Project64 :

1) Diddy Kong Racing
2) Mario Kart 64
3) Donkey Kong 64

Super Nintendo/ZNES :

Nothing

Nintendo Entertainment System :

1) LifeForce
2) Rush 'n' Attack (love this game so much)
3) Jackal (awesome)
4) Contra 1 & 2
5) The Legend of Kage
6) Front Line
7) Twin Bee
8) Goonies
9) Tetris
10) Tank

admin89: No arcade games for you at all?

(07-17-2012, 03:13 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]why such a short list of systems?

Those are pretty much all the console/platforms I play, but I guess there is no harm in adding others. PC games should be added as well.
Too lazy to type everything , just skip it Tongue
I do love arcade games though
I'm using Fceux emulator for NES . I just check my old NES , now it's broken Sad
N64 is half-working :/ . PS1 & PS2 & Dreamcast are still good to go
Btw , i don't have either Xbox/Xbox360 or PS3

PS1 / ePSXe emulator :
1)Time Bokan Series - "Bokan Desu Yo!" or "Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronboo" (Limited Edition Big Grin , believe me it's so much fun )
2)Dragonball GT Final Bout
3)Dynasty Warriors
4)Rockman Battle & Chase (Rockman JP = Megaman EU/US)
5)G-Darius
6)Fighting Force
7)Bloody Roar
8)Double Dragon (i prefer the Nes version but whatever)
9)Dead or Alive
10)Twisted Metal
I liked Twisted Metal Black for the PS2. I remember buying my PS2 when it first came out and only having that game for a long time (think it was a launch title). I played the hell outta that game. Reminded me of the Vigilante 8 games I liked on the N64.
Why no Diddy Kong Racing remake for GC/Wii/WiiU yet ! My family spent most time on that game
The texts highlit in [color=#DDA0DD]pink[/color] are my recommendation that you should play a game on.
# Heart = My top 1 favorite console and 3 favorite games of all time

[color=#483D8B]SNES/SNES9x[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]SNES9x for all[/color])
1. Star Fox

[color=#483D8B]PS1/ePSXe[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]ePSXe for all[/color] because PS1 games in 1080p is the BEST!)
1. Tail Concerto
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Klonoa Door to Phantomile
4. Megaman Legends 1

[color=#483D8B]N64/VC/Pj64[/color] Heart
1. Star Fox 64 - [color=#DDA0DD]N64[/color] - [color=#C71585]1st[/color] Heart
2. Zelda MM - [color=#DDA0DD]VC[/color]/[color=#DDA0DD]Pj64[/color] - [color=#C71585]2nd[/color] Heart
2.1. [color=#696969]Zelda OoT - [/color][color=#DDA0DD]VC[/color]/[color=#DDA0DD]Pj64[/color]
3. SSB64 - [color=#DDA0DD]any[/color]
4. Sin and Punishment - [color=#DDA0DD]VC[/color]
5. Kirby 64 Crystal Shards - [color=#DDA0DD]any[/color]

[color=#483D8B]GBA/VBA-M[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]any[/color])
1. Pokemon FireRed
1.1. [color=#696969]Pokemon Emerald[/color]
2. Mario Tennis Power Tour
3. Klonoa Empire of Dreams
3.1. [color=#696969]Klonoa 2 Dream Champ Tournament[/color]

[color=#483D8B]PSP[/color]
1. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
2. Me And My Katamari

[color=#483D8B]PS3[/color] (used to have PS3 console, now sold to my bro. Bought one and only PS3 game I have, it's still on shelves, forever alone.)
1. Katamari Forever *cough alone cough*

[color=#483D8B]3DS[/color]
1. (possibly SF643D but nothing for now)

[color=#483D8B]PC[/color]
1. Portal 2
1.1 [color=#696969]Portal[/color]
2. Borderlands
3. Mirror's Edge

I don't play these games listed below seriously on emulators, though, only on the real consoles. I have emulators because I want to experience them in HD and making fun of various hacks and abusing the emulation speed. Tongue

[color=#483D8B]PS2/PCSX2[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]PS2 for all[/color])
1. Katamari Damacy
2. Ape Escape 3
3. Graffiti Kingdom
4. Klonoa 2 Lunatea's Veil

[color=#483D8B]GCN/Dolphin[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]GCN for all[/color])
1. SSBM
2. Tales of Symphonia
3. Skies of Arcadia: Legends
4. Zelda Wind Wakers
5. Star Fox Adventures
6. Mario Kart DD
7. Kirby Airride

[color=#483D8B]DS/DeSmuME[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]DS for all[/color])
1. Pokemon Diamond - [color=#C71585]3rd[/color] Heart
1.1. [color=#696969]Pokemon SoulSilver[/color]
1.2. [color=#A9A9A9]Pokemon Black[/color]
2. Solatorobo
3. Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
4. Mario Kart DS
5. Star Fox Command

[color=#483D8B]Wii/Dolphin[/color] ([color=#DDA0DD]Wii for all[/color])
1. Zelda SS
2. SSBB
3. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
4. Xenoblade
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Actually, I am not into arcade games nor games with high 3D details because for some reason I like games with basic 3D polygons more. You can see my top favs are somewhere in the game list with basic 3D polygons. Blush

I don't own nor play Xbox/Xbox 360 craps. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7