Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any chance using dolphin with this notebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't care too much about 1080p and FSAA etc. - a stable 30FPS performance @native resolution would be fine for me.

Stats:

HP Pavilion dv6-6002eg (LH770EA)
Core i3-2310M 2x 2.10GHz (supposed to be on par with a Core duo @ 3GHz) • 4096MB • 500GB • DVD+/-RW DL • AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB • 4x USB (2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0)/Gb LAN/WLAN 802.11bgn • HDMI • 4in1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro) • FingerPrint Reader • Multi-Touch Trackpad • 15.6" WXGA glare LED TFT (1366x768) • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) • Li-Ionen-Akku (6 Zellen) • 2.90kg
Depends on the game , but GC games , for most of them will play nicely , Wii games too , but not Zelda (hyrule field) or Mario Galaxy 2 @ full speed
your gpu should be able to use 3x Native Resolution (1080p)

the cpu is somehow... slow
it is comparable to Core i5-430M (2.3-2.5 GHz).
but GC Games should be fine
No you won't. The clock-speed is too low. You generally want to have atleast... 2.5GHz+ to play most games smoothly. (smoothly in terms of -playable- not having 60fps constantly.)
You might be able to play some games in small environments, but big games like suggested above, will slow down alot.
(09-20-2011, 09:50 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]No you won't. The clock-speed is too low. You generally want to have atleast... 2.5GHz+ to play most games smoothly. (smoothly in terms of -playable- not having 60fps constantly.)
You might be able to play some games in small environments, but big games like suggested above, will slow down alot.

Oh I thought it's not just about the clockspeed but also how the CPU works and how efficient it is. There is nearly no difference in regards to pc gaming between a i3 and a i7: http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-Sandy...228.0.html

But yeah, if even SMG2 wouldn't run with a good framerate I guess best thing is to don't even bother and just let it go before I start to invest time in configuring this stuff...
You can play anything @ 720p , which is nice , nan ?
(09-20-2011, 10:05 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]You can play anything @ 720p , which is nice , nan ?

I can? I thought it doesn't work?
playable
and perfect playable
Wink thats the difference
60-80% speed in most game

Mario Kart
Smash Brothers
etc..
should be playable with 100%
Yeah ,like I told you , as long as you dont abuse of eye candies , and stay (like you ask ) @ native resolution (480p i think) , you should be fine ,EXCEPT for Hyrule field and Mario Galaxy 2 !

720p will work nicely too , i think ... but 480 , definitely !
In emulation, its ALL about the clock-speed, ofcourse the processor architecture also plays a role. But the general rule is: the more GHz, the more FPS.
Your GPU should be able to handle perhaps 1 or 2x enhancement, but you'll have to experiment with it.

It's a different story in PC gaming, you should be fine in that regard, but don't expect to run everything on the maximum on a laptop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5