Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Playable with Dolphin 3.0 [unofficial]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
family game night 3 (wii) its not playable. has a layer issue that needs special configuration, does not matter what resolution internal and/or external you put it looks like a familycom game or lower res, and the speed its horrible. sorry but its the truth.
Dolphin 3.0 unofficial exist for linux? If so where i can get the build?
Compile them on your own Tongue
(09-27-2012, 09:46 PM)berox1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 3.0 unofficial exist for linux? If so where i can get the build?

Not sure what you really meant here.

Dolphin 3.0 is always official since it's THE official release.

If you're referring to the "unofficial" in the name of the thread it has nothing to do with Dolphin 3.0 itself. It just means the thread is not officially supported by the staff of the site since I gathered the results here and there, from my own tests and from other sources
By unofficial, I think he means the Dolphin build itself. Only binaries for Windows and OS X are provided, but none is available for Linux. Since users for Linux build it themselves, it may seem unofficial because they didn't get there builds pre-made from the developers themselves, and it's possible to change any number of things when compiling the code.

berox1991, I have a 64-bit binary of Dolphin 3.0 for Linux, but you said there was a conflict with your installed libraries when you tried it. What was the error? If you run it from the command line, what output do you get? I think it may be possible for me to compile a static binary rather than one that is dynamically linked. I'll try it later sometime. I still have a couple of benchmarks I need to participate in :p
(09-28-2012, 01:29 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]By unofficial, I think he means the Dolphin build itself. Only binaries for Windows and OS X are provided, but none is available for Linux. Since users for Linux build it themselves, it may seem unofficial because they didn't get there builds pre-made from the developers themselves, and it's possible to change any number of things when compiling the code.

I see. So thanks for rectifying
(09-28-2012, 01:29 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]By unofficial, I think he means the Dolphin build itself. Only binaries for Windows and OS X are provided, but none is available for Linux. Since users for Linux build it themselves, it may seem unofficial because they didn't get there builds pre-made from the developers themselves, and it's possible to change any number of things when compiling the code.

berox1991, I have a 64-bit binary of Dolphin 3.0 for Linux, but you said there was a conflict with your installed libraries when you tried it. What was the error? If you run it from the command line, what output do you get? I think it may be possible for me to compile a static binary rather than one that is dynamically linked. I'll try it later sometime. I still have a couple of benchmarks I need to participate in :p

Haaa now i get it xD. No no it was not the dolphin 3.0 who didn't work. What didn't work was the dolphin r5134 because it need some outdated libraries. I'm currently using the dolphin 3.0-772 on linux but still have that problem with the calling (wii) game. Good luck with the benchmarks ^^

Btw the list in the first post of this thread is incorrect then.. calling for wii doesn't work well it has some shader or texture bug where you can't see a thing when lights go off. Dunno if does the same thing with Directx tho...
(09-28-2012, 04:56 AM)berox1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw the list in the first post of this thread is incorrect then.. calling for wii doesn't work well it has some shader or texture bug where you can't see a thing when lights go off. Dunno if does the same thing with Directx tho...

The game may have some graphic bugs but that doesn't mean it's unplayable.
Games of the list are supposed to be beaten regardless graphic bugs they may have. If you can confirm the game is fairly unplayable (and can't be finished) I will retire it from the list. The game was reported working fine (so potentially playable) to me though
(09-28-2012, 07:54 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2012, 04:56 AM)berox1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw the list in the first post of this thread is incorrect then.. calling for wii doesn't work well it has some shader or texture bug where you can't see a thing when lights go off. Dunno if does the same thing with Directx tho...

Games of the list are supposed to be beaten regardless graphic bugs they may have. If you can confirm the game is fairly unplayable (and can't be finished) I will retire it from the list. The game was reported working fine (so potentially playable) to me though

I can redirect you to my post where you have some pictures there http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=25415 .
Now what i don't know if this is a OpenGL only issue or not.
(09-28-2012, 08:34 AM)berox1991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2012, 07:54 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

I can redirect you to my post where you have some pictures there http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=25415 .
Now what i don't know if this is a OpenGL only issue or not.

I'm gonna try to get the information. Probably not before tomorrow or the day after tomorrow though. Be patient Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19