Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone try Sandy Bridge with Dolphin yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Does anyone have one of the new Sandy Bridge processors and tried it with Dolphin? I'd love to know how well they work. I'm also interested in AVX and how that could speeds things up (once implemented). I'll probably be getting an i5 2500(K or no K) one of these days here. It seems like the perfect CPU for dolphin for how much it costs.
(01-13-2011, 03:01 AM)iluvdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have one of the new Sandy Bridge processors and tried it with Dolphin? I'd love to know how well they work. I'm also interested in AVX and how that could speeds things up (once implemented). I'll probably be getting an i5 2500(K or no K) one of these days here. It seems like the perfect CPU for dolphin for how much it costs.

i got a i7 2600k yesterday and it runs dolphin amazing, i'm still setting things up, i could deffinately reccommend it as i have it at 4.0 ghz stable without breaking a sweat.
get the k series as they are unlocked and easy to overclock.
(01-13-2011, 04:14 AM)azzbarb Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2011, 03:01 AM)iluvdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have one of the new Sandy Bridge processors and tried it with Dolphin? I'd love to know how well they work. I'm also interested in AVX and how that could speeds things up (once implemented). I'll probably be getting an i5 2500(K or no K) one of these days here. It seems like the perfect CPU for dolphin for how much it costs.

i got a i7 2600k yesterday and it runs dolphin amazing, i'm still setting things up, i could deffinately reccommend it as i have it at 4.0 ghz stable without breaking a sweat.
get the k series as they are unlocked and easy to overclock.
How does it run at stock? I wasn't planning on overclocking to be honest. I was thinking that with Turbo and the 10% or so increase clock per clock with older chips it'd be enough at stock? Also, I'm not sure if I want the P67 with 1600 DDR3 or H67 running 1333 DDR3. Does that make much of a difference with EFB to RAM?
There's no doubt that it performs better than the previous generation of Core i7.
i did not see any real difference between stock speed at 3.4ghz to 4.0ghz in dolphin as the games i have tried so far run at 60fps at stock speed anyway, i've not done much more testing yet as i've been wiping my harddrives and reinstalling everthing today.
Turn off the 60 fps limiter and you'll see. If you've already reached 60 fps on a stock speed then there's really no point in testing it unless you want to see fps that reaches over 60 fps.
@azzbarb

What video card are you using?
(01-13-2011, 10:39 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@azzbarb

What video card are you using?

bfg 285 gtx
Can anyone give me advice on whether there's a difference with 1333 Mhz DDR3 and 1600 Mhz (both CAS 7) in Dolphin? I'm wondering if it affects EFB to RAM (which is normally used, correct?) enough to be worth getting P67 over H67 motherboard. If it doesn't matter, I'll probably get the cheaper H67.

What RAM are you using azzbarb?
You will see very little fps gain to none. Only CPU and GPU matters the most.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7