Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone try Sandy Bridge with Dolphin yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
been testing my 2600k at 3.7ghz, 285gtx, 4gb ddr3 1600
efb to texture, v-sync, no AA, enable audio throttle off, frame limit off, switching between 3d9 and 3d11 as 3d11 works better for some games(wii only not gamecube)

smg1 - when in the observatory at the spawn point 60fps constant no lag what so ever, runs awsome apart from the sound issue.
dk returns - 60fps not come acroos any slowdown yet.
tatsunoko vs capcom - 60fps but randomly i get a slight stutter every now and then.
new mario bros - 60fps no lag so far.
goldeneye - 30fps constant as thats what the game runs at no lag so far.
mario kart wii - 60fps with a few stutters at the begining of each race where it shows the track.
hotd overkill - 30fps constant.

gamecube,
mariokart dd - perfect 60fps
mortal kombat deception - perfect 60fps
zelda wind waker 30 fps perfect
metroid prime - 60fps most of the time but when i go to chaos ruins large room it slows down to about 30fps then back to 60fps at random, it also slows down in random none demanding areas where there is no enemys, its just RANDOM!!!!!!.
metroid prime 2- runs better than 1 but still a couple of random slowdowns

i've been playing on a few demanding pc games like crysis, gta iv, nfs hot pursuit and compared to my old core2duo 3.1ghz, 4gb ram, 285gtx i get awsome fps and no lag or stuttering, it just runs silky smooth.
(01-18-2011, 11:08 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check FPS in SMG1, just stand in the observatory at the spawn point, with all FPS limiting disabled and no crazy SSAA settings on?

Cant help you there , I only own SMG2.

(01-19-2011, 12:46 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2011, 11:08 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check FPS in SMG1, just stand in the observatory at the spawn point, with all FPS limiting disabled and no crazy SSAA settings on?

Cant help you there , I only own SMG2.

Could you participate in my Dolphin benchmark here LINK ? Your participation would give a comparable result to existing processors, thnx.
I ran into my first game slowdown with Sandy on Dolphin. It is timesplitters future perfect for GC. I guess its because MMU needs to be enabled on the game but I only get 50-60% at all times. Sad
(01-19-2011, 03:07 AM)remedy2 Wrote: [ -> ]I ran into my first game slowdown with Sandy on Dolphin. It is timesplitters future perfect for GC. I guess its because MMU needs to be enabled on the game but I only get 50-60% at all times. Sad

I think it may be because of your settings too. I have the same result in this game 50 - 60% ingame with a core i7 @3,2 ghz and a 9600 gt. Use one of the builds in my sig with it's default settings and try again. You have both faster cpu and gpu than me and same results so it may be in your settings.
(01-19-2011, 03:24 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2011, 03:07 AM)remedy2 Wrote: [ -> ]I ran into my first game slowdown with Sandy on Dolphin. It is timesplitters future perfect for GC. I guess its because MMU needs to be enabled on the game but I only get 50-60% at all times. Sad

I think it may be because of your settings too. I have the same result in this game 50 - 60% ingame with a core i7 @3,2 ghz and a 9600 gt. Use one of the builds in my sig with it's default settings and try again. You have both faster cpu and gpu than me and same results so it may be in your settings.

I messed around with the settings to get it up to 62-72%. Nothing to write home about. I'll chalk it up to MMU being a major slowdown and move on. Its not a game that I really want so I'm not going to try to hard. Still it is disappointingSad Kinda hoping Sandy would be a silver bullet for speed on everything. I did try your build with no noticeable effect.
MMU emulation is a real killer. With the current code in Dolphin, I estimate that a 7ghz CPU will be needed to run the games at 100% speed.
@remedy2

I think it's your gpu that's holding you back. The gtx 460 is a mid-range card after all. I think what you need is something like gtx 480 or an hd 5870, and then you shouldn't have problem with those games.
(01-19-2011, 08:26 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]@remedy2

I think it's your gpu that's holding you back. The gtx 460 is a mid-range card after all. I think what you need is something like gtx 480 or an hd 5870, and then you shouldn't have problem with those games.

Interesting- when I bought it it was the 5th most powerful card on the market (according to some tech site's rating can't remember which). I definitely didn't spend $600 on it but didn't think it would be knocked down to a mid range already.

I'm not going to upgrade to a $400 card, maybe go with a SLI setup with 2 460s in the future. I would think the mmu issue is cpu related any how, but I could be wrong.
Quote:I think it's your gpu that's holding you back. The gtx 460 is a mid-range card after all. I think what you need is something like gtx 480 or an hd 5870, and then you shouldn't have problem with those games.

A 460 can run any game without a gpu bottleneck as long as you're not using 3x efb scale + 4xSSAA or pixel lighting. As long as he keeps his efb scale on fractional and leaves SSAA and pixel lighting off he'll be fine.

@remedy2
That will help with pc games but dolphin does not use sli very efficiently.

Quote:I would think the mmu issue is cpu related any how, but I could be wrong.

It simply requires a lot of cpu throughput. More than any currently existing cpu has.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7