Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Eternal Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[Image: 615904.th.jpg]

Well, the game finally works after marcosvitali's R5777 FIFO change. Excellent work.

There is a trick to get the game to work, as it will not just boot with jit yet. You have to boot the game in interpreter first and wait till you see the first screen the game shows (which is the EAP quote) and then quickly save the game with a save-state, then exit the emulator and change back to jit and load your save state. Try to load the save-state as soon as the yellow text appears on-screen that displays your PC info. After that you will be able to see all opening movies and start the game. Hitting the Start and A buttons help get in-game after the save-state is loaded.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 256MB
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Dolphin Version:

Dolphin R5786 - 64-Bit

Emulator settings:

(Core Settings)
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
HLE the IPL
Jit Recompiler

(Video Settings)
DX9
Safe Texture Cache
Enable EFB Copy to Texture

Frame skipping to 1 if you need it, otherwise it screws up some of the games videos. Other than that the game plays pretty well. (Don't use frameskip until you are in the game or it will mess up your save-state)

[Image: 22163844.th.png]

[Image: 50029127.th.png]

[Image: 90078124.th.png]

[Image: 24409291.th.png]
What's improvement from enabling safe texture cache?
Probably nothing, but that's what I used when I got the game working so I added that setting here. I'm not home to actually test if it is needed or not right now.
Just one more question,did u tested on PAL or NTSC?
Sorry, forgot to mention that. It's NTSC.
i get stuck with black screen after edgar's text in JIT.cpu/vpu/fps running but just black screen
ok i hear someone talking in behind "deep into the dark ..." but no video and thats only when i enable DTK music and its going in loop forever.video is black

can u tell more about config?this music is going in forever loop and video just stays black
Bloody hell
SORRY i was jumping on keyboard like idiot and game is for GC(meaninig my gamepad is in command)
i got video imidiatelly after pressin START and or A dunno..

*edit again
oh well it was once good 15 miss can't start it again..
Great, sounds like you got it working. I don't think anyone would have ever known it worked since it does not boot normally. Testing all the settings and experimenting with many ways to get games to work is always a good idea.

Post some pics if you can.
i did once it showed video but that was once,tried 25 times again and no luck,i guess its bigger chance to get on lotto then get it right Undecided
ok got it again but after video there is no menu ,its black screen again.i hear clicking noises from buttons clicking but i dont see nothing
Are you using a 64-bit build, that is what worked for me? DX9 video? Don't use frame skip until you make it in-game.
yes 64 ,dont use fps skip,this is the same as once in 4xxx revision,u can do all that but it breaks .
i did managed to get into game but then controls stops responding completely ,game is working all is ok but no controls,thats after u see a dead corpse which detective showed u. then 35 ties to get into game and no luck.that for me means give up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12