Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Eternal Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
That is a tool, it's not the actual files to use LLE. This is probably too advanced for you, if it is, just stick with HLE.
(12-25-2011, 06:14 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2011, 06:03 AM)domfather Wrote: [ -> ]i then read on the fourms about this and downloaded the file from the thread renamed it and placed it in my gc dir and still I get the error message..
What did you download from this site? The files that are required to use LLE come from your GC or Wii and wouldn't be for download here.

n/m i figuerd it out .i thought the file that i found on this fourm was ment to go in the sys dir.but it was ment to get the files from the consol...i found the files online and i got it workin now..looks amazing. if i run into problems i will post again. sorry if i confused you.

MrSaturn

Not sure if this is where I should ask about this, or if I need to make a new thread, but...

So, I'm fairly new to using Dolphin. I never bothered to try it, as I didn't have any ISO files of any games. However, after finding CleanRip, I spent a week and a half ripping all of my GCN and Wii games just to see how they'd play. Inevitably, after loading up Eternal Darkness, I found myself sucked into it just as much as I was the first time. Everything's gone fine thus far (though I've tried tweaking video settings in accordance to the Wiki here and there), but I'm encountering a problem that I'm not finding any answers for on the net. I thought I'd throw it to the community to see what sticks.

I've gotten to Dr. Edwin Lindsey's chapter (the archaeologist, chapter 6, Xel'lotath allignment), and I've had no serious problems to this point. However, after entering the temple (after the cutscene with Pious and the fight with the Gatekeeper), I've noticed some clipping issues. The first room with the candles is fine, but when you go into the booby trapped hallway, Dr. Lindsey seems to completely vanish behind... well, nothing. I'm sure there's some texture that's jumping out and taking priority, maybe the lighting for the room or something, but all of the blades in the walls and the player character seem to completely disappear.

I tried searching Google, as well as these forums, and I haven't found anyone mentioning this before. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something specific about my machine or my copy of the game? Was it maybe too scratched when it was ripped?

Here's the settings I'm using:

No custom projection hack (it doesn't seem to want to display any video when I turn on the Twilight Bloom hack as recommended on the wiki)
OpenGL
EFB copies to Texture
Texture cache: fast

Any other settings I'd need to mention? Again, I'm fairly new to this, so I haven't really messed with any settings that the wiki didn't recommend.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried with DX9?

MrSaturn

(05-19-2012, 06:35 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried with DX9?

I've tried jumping around through DX9 and 11, and as I jump between the three backends, various graphical issues spring up. Most notably, the background for the menu screen (the whole "tome" graphic) is completely translucent.
Try the official 3.0 release. That's 3.0, no numbers after it.

MrSaturn

Well, I tried to run the game in the official 3.0 release, but I got new and different problems. Notably, the game would just cycle on the Poe quote at the beginning unless I cut it off with a controller input (took me a minute to realize I had to connect a GCN controller, which made me feel like an idiot... <_< ), and it refused to load my save file from my virtual memory card. Thus, without playing another 3-5 hours into the game again to attempt to recreate, I can't yet test on the 3.0 clean release.

Here's some images to showcase what's happening:

[Image: nowyouseehim.th.png] [Image: nowyoudont.th.png]

I'll be happy to respond to any further requests for testing out this issue.
Post your NTSC memory card save.

MrSaturn

(05-25-2012, 02:44 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Post your NTSC memory card save.

Sorry about the delay in response. The work week has been needlessly long. Here's the memory card file. The area I'm referring to is from the most recent save (far right on the file select screen). You need only get two rooms in.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2uylaaay...dA_USA_raw
Hmm, yeah. That memory card comes up as corrupt. There is not much I can do unless I can load the game. I beat the game a long time ago with a now outdated build and had no issues, but that doesn't help you right now. I've also recently started again and have no issues, maybe I will get to that area in time when I start again. I do not play all that regularly, though. By the time I get there you'll probably not be interested anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12