Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Read me first] FAQ: Plugins missing, Error xyz pops up, Why does abc not work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Since this is indeed the support forum, I was surprised there is no such thread. There is one in General Discussion, but I doubt people look there first.

Q: I'm getting a vcomp100.dll error on startup: "The program can't start because VCOMP100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
A:
Update your Visual C++ Runtime and/or install the Visual C++ 2010 Runtime. Download it here (32-bit) or here here (64-bit).

Q: Plugins/Plugin_Name.dll exists, but I can't select it. (Name may vary)
A:
Update your DirectX Runtime. See Getting started with Dolphin, Section Runtime Library Requirements.

Q: I get the error "Can't init any PAD Plugins" followed by "Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration."
A:
Update your DirectX Runtime. See Getting started with Dolphin, Section Runtime Library Requirements.

Q: I get an error saying some OpenGL extensions are not supported.
A1:
Your video card might not support them, check with http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/. Try using the DirectX 9 or DirectX 11 plugin instead.
A2: If you are using a modern NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, try disabling the option "Extension Limit" in the NVIDIA Control Panel (Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel or Start > Run > "nvcplui.exe").
A3: Try updating your video drivers.

Q: I have weird graphic glitches in SVN Rev xxxx, this wasn't the case with Rev yyyy?
A:
Update your Graphics card drivers. See Getting started with Dolphin, Section Video Card Requirements.

Q: Why is Question is not listed/answered here?
A:

Try to keep this thread clean. Only post if you think something should be added to the list.
Do not post if you have a problem and want it solved. Open a new thread if you think you found something new - use the Forum Search to find out if something is new.

Note to other Mods: Edit this post as necessary if you think there are other Q/A to be listed.
How do I apply patches? I have a PATCH file that I downloaded from here, but where do I put it? There's no folder named "Patches"
You have to compile your own binary for that, see http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2291.html for information about that.
Prior to building, you simply apply the patch using the SVN app of your choice.

metallicafan212

does anyone know wats wrong? i get a error message saying error loading pugings\pugings_wiimote.dll:cant read info, and then it closes.
this happens when i try to customize controls for the wiimote or try to load games.Huh
Follow the link, any link

sher75

i've tried searching for it but couldnt find anything plus im not that good at finding things on forums. every time i try to load sonic adventure 2 battle theres a crash, and idk if its the dolphin or the gmc and when i checked the sa2b thread they all said minor glitches/none at all so i need help as to what to do before any games, then how to check if the game doesnt work or if dolphin in general wont work on my comp.

T-Mac_Represent

The Plugin_DSP_HLE.dll exists, but I can't select it and I already updated directX

ThrashKills

I Dl'ed two versions of the Dolphin, Win32 and x64.
x64 says that the file isn't a valid Win32 application.
Win32 version says that the application has failed to start because XINPUT1_3.dll was not found. I tried to download the rar file again and extracting but nothing changed.
Someone knows hot to active DirectD9 option? It is now missing.
(08-12-2010, 05:50 PM)master_cheat001 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone knows hot to active DirectD9 option? It is now missing.

It sounds like you didn't read the first post of this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8