Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin-emu.com vs shall not be named: why are there two?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

noremakk

I was browsing around looking for a version of Dolphin more compatible with Killer7 (any suggestions, by the way?) and found dolphin-emu.org, which looks a bit more professional, but doesn't have forums. Is the site legit, or is it a fansite? It has the newest build I could find anywhere, and it works well, but this site has a forum. Why two sites?
It is the mamario's site, there he upload his builds and otehr stuff

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6318.html
It's legit, by a compiler that James listed. And yes it's professional, would be neat if the official site sometimes had a small link to it (not to prefer a single compiler.. But to help people find more recent builds)
I personally don't like other people hijacking the dolphin name and creating alternate places for people to get their information from, this is the home of dolphin and it should stay that way.
(03-15-2010, 01:53 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like other people hijacking the dolphin name and creating alternate places for people to get their information from, this is the home of dolphin and it should stay that way.

Yea thats true but it happens right? Like the dolphin shop rofl xD!

noremakk

Cool; thanks for all of your answers, guys.
(03-15-2010, 01:53 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like other people hijacking the dolphin name and creating alternate places for people to get their information from, this is the home of dolphin and it should stay that way.

I d'ont think that there is any kind of hijacking going on there its just a spot where you can get unofficial builds, he just put some time in to making the site as user friendly as possible, also there is nothing on that site that makes you want to stay over there its just a site where you can get your quick revision fix, the home of Dolphin is still here on these forums and website.
I would generally disagre , but when I went to the the dolphin article in wikipedia I saw that the website was changed to the mamarios website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_%28emulator%29

I tried to rever it once ( keeping the mamarios page at the bottom ) But He undid my change

In the discussion I found this

Code:
www.dolphin-emu.org é muito mais recente do que www.dolphin-emu.com As versões de correr muito melhor. Há muito mais informação e orientação

Which means:
Code:
www.dolphin-emu.org is more recent than www.dolphin-emu.com. the builds runs much better. There is more information and orientation
Dang james. See, I had a feeling something like this would happen. That is why when mamario first made his website, I sent him a message that he should just communicate with the tops with the main dolphin website and see if something could be worked out before any drama arises. We (this forum and main web page I mean) have let the main webpage go to crap. Just being honest there. A random message by a mod that a new version is out once ever 4-5 months, very old comparability list etc is not good. We do a great job on the forum but now it seems things are getting a bit akward. What mamario is doing is perfectly fine but when wikis are fluctuating then I think ector/nosound97/chaoscode/daco.... need to have a nice detailed discussion with mamario so we can have unity. Nothing really wrong as of now but slowly reaching a spot where things could get a bit sour or people start to take offense on something. Since I first joined the forums, the mainpage was always a slight problem. I hope everything can easily get fixed without any dissension. I trust it will all work out in the end. Mamario has done a wonderful web page and I feel has helped us greatly in giving out some useful information. With that said, what he has on his website is something we really should have had on the main page here. Maybe we can join forces? Who knows.

sideways12

either way that guys service is a godsend
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8