Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3D Vision patch (v2 !!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Seems to fix issue 2352. It's a value change again, but this time I can't ensure it don't break anything as it touch to the DX9 plugin.

Edit: NEW VERSION !!
This one fix the windowed mode crash.
Whoa, Dolphin works with 3D vision?! But I thought developers had to specifically build their applications to work with 3D vision...

doesn't 3D vision support vary by game, even for applications that are commercially developed? and if so, wouldn't that mean gamecube/wii games would also have variable support?

I'd love to see some screenshots, but... umm, that's a bit tricky without 3D glasses I suppose. Confused
(03-06-2010, 01:03 PM)Bananaman Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, Dolphin works with 3D vision?! But I thought developers had to specifically build their applications to work with 3D vision...

doesn't 3D vision support vary by game, even for applications that are commercially developed? and if so, wouldn't that mean gamecube/wii games would also have variable support?

I'd love to see some screenshots, but... umm, that's a bit tricky without 3D glasses I suppose. Confused
Theoretically, every single 3D game ever should be playable in 3D vision, because they all have internal processing to determine where the Z axis is. Smile
Using that, you can determine distance and such.
(03-06-2010, 08:57 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2010, 01:03 PM)Bananaman Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, Dolphin works with 3D vision?! But I thought developers had to specifically build their applications to work with 3D vision...

Theoretically, every single 3D game ever should be playable in 3D vision, because they all have internal processing to determine where the Z axis is. Smile
Using that, you can determine distance and such.

So then why does 3D vision support vary for certain games?

As RupeeClock said, every games are real 3D scenes and the picture of a certain view is computed to be shown on the screen. You can obtain as many points of views of the scene as you want (if you have a enough computing power). nVidia decided to implement a feature that creates another point of view near the first one and then assembles the 2 pictures together to create a stereoscopic effect. This effect is the most convincing I ever saw, and as it's implemented from the DRIVER SIDE, any game is supported without any modification, Dolphin included (brilliant !). But this feature must detect when a 3D scene needs to be processed, and actually only games in fullscreen mode are detected. And I think the scene must also be rendered by DirectX (not OpenGL). Fortunately the DX plugin meets the criteria. Wink
(03-07-2010, 05:51 AM)Bananaman Wrote: [ -> ]So then why does 3D vision support vary for certain games?
Because this effect is a hack from the driver. So it doesn't likes some 2D graphics (distant life bar...) and some other picture enhancement (shadows that floats on the air...) in some games.

(03-06-2010, 01:03 PM)Bananaman Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see some screenshots, but... umm, that's a bit tricky without 3D glasses I suppose. Confused
I can't take a screenshot (the screen appears without 3D Vision). Even with FRAPS, the print screen key or the F9 key of Dolphin. So I took a picture of my screen with my camera. The result is horrible but you can still see (a little) the effect with 3D glasses. It's recommended to see the effect without any light around you. Note that the depth of 3D Vision is set on 96% : the effect is really stunning but it can burn your eyes and your brain too if you are not used to it.

Oehr

could you provide a build for me? ill post some proper 3d pics for you Smile
How will this work in dolpin. Is it an on/off function in the settings or is it a seperate patch.

Oehr

3d can be enabled in any game as soon as you set it up once(in your control panel's nvidia entry).
the standard combination for activating/deactivating 3d is 'crtl + T'. Though it does not work in dolphin apparently.
(03-07-2010, 10:59 AM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]How will this work in dolpin. Is it an on/off function in the settings or is it a seperate patch.
You just have to activate 3D Vision and use the DX9 plugin in fullscreen mode. In this case, it will be turned on automaticaly. If you don't want it, you must use a hotkey to disable 3D Vision.
(03-07-2010, 11:15 AM)Oehr Wrote: [ -> ]Though it does not work in dolphin apparently.
It's because you don't use the DX plugin in fullscreen mode or you use the build r4898 or higher without the patch.

(03-07-2010, 10:05 AM)Oehr Wrote: [ -> ]could you provide a build for me? ill post some proper 3d pics for you Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/?nj3oxkh5tyj
But I think it's impossible to take a screenshot with 3D Vision as the effect is applied by the driver.

Oehr

i found a way to take 3d screenshots, but the first game i tried with it was useless: super smash bros brawl
unfortunately, it appears that the game is more or less a screenshot of the render -> 2D, no 3D glass effect
next game will be no more heroes. otherwise i resort to some wii sports :-(

unfortunately, the same goes for wii sports. its just not working. take a look:
[Image: exampleh.jpg]

So this is NOT a working 3d vision fix! at least not for these games. anyone wanna test horsez?

and a few more things:
i cant get window mode to work anymore
random slowdowns
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18