Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

mollemannen

[color=#FF0000]About[/color] (Source: ign)

GameCube version of Sonic Team's award-winning online RPG, featuring two games in one. Episode I gives you all the hit content and gameplay from the original PSO and PSO ver.2. Episode II brings an all-new full-length adventure in which you'll face real-time combat with enemies that are more powerful than ever before. New levels, like the breath-taking mountain and beach stages, give you expanded areas of gameplay and deep, lush worlds to explore. You'll also be given all-new quests to complete, additional weapons to master, and lots more rare items to find. Choose your character from the original three classes, each with a fourth new being. For intense offline gameplay, team up or compete with up to three of your fellow Hunters on the same console for a split-screen battle.

[color=#FF0000]Emulation[/color]

What works
  • Pretty most everything (apperantly safe textures must be turned on. I never edited any configs so i dont know what this is)

What doesn't work
  • some scrambled text here and there
  • (just remembered, first time i tried the game actually crashed and the emulator complained something about hle but second time it ran just fine)

Emulation speed
  • Runs fluent

[color=#FF0000]Info[/color]

Game runs great on my Computer but most things does. i'm thinking of trying it on my older computer as well
specs: Intel i7 920, 6Gb ram, nvidia gtx 280 (new one)

[color=#FF0000]Video[/color] (sry for the bad audio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2sYZ5Lk_k

[color=#FF0000]Own thoughts[/color]

Something that would be great is if it were enabled to play online with 4 friends via some kind of emulated server Tongue
Nice test, nice game.
Reminds me Dreamcast's era ^_^

mollemannen

yea i remember playing the shit out of this game when it originally came out for gamecube Smile i also remeber playing 4 player splitscreen with my friends, just that the game gets harder for every player so we never beat the first boss Tongue
1) please edit your post so that it says safe texture should be on
2) emulated server? if the bba would work it would be better to use schtserv dont you agree? (private server)
3) lol, why didn't i make a topic yet o.o;

mollemannen

(04-16-2009, 08:56 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]1) please edit your post so that it says safe texture should be on
2) emulated server? if the bba would work it would be better to use schtserv dont you agree? (private server)
3) lol, why didn't i make a topic yet o.o;

1. no idea what safe texture is lol Tongue just saw that this game isn't suppose to work at all in the compability list and were suprised when it actually did and i wanted to share with everyone what i had discovered and hopefully make someone else happy Smile

2. edit* i checked on what u said and i couldn't be happier thx a bunch Smile
3. ...

as said i just want to help the community

Zerogoki

Hi, i just want to let you know that the japanese version 1.0 of PSO (GPOJ8P) works without problem.
I didn't succeed to connect to schthack anyway and i also have a problem with memecards region.

Edit: actually with the build 3972 i can't access to the internet pages for provider settings and online mode.

Flaikey

I'm having problems getting through the initial set up, the loading screens all work fine but when it asks me to accept the licence agreement both options crash the game and i get the error message:

"The game wants to go to memory card manager. BIOS is being HLEBig Grin - so we can't do that."

Any help on how you got past this would be great!

Ezekiel

(11-30-2009, 02:10 PM)Flaikey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems getting through the initial set up, the loading screens all work fine but when it asks me to accept the licence agreement both options crash the game and i get the error message:

"The game wants to go to memory card manager. BIOS is being HLEBig Grin - so we can't do that."

Don't know how to help you on that one... I'd be willing to bet though if someone uploaded their save that said you got past that it would work?

Anyways, mine is running at around 30 FPS though it is so slow it feels closer to around 10, if that...

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.25 GHz 2.00 GB RAM (I know, I want more...)
NVidia 8800

I can't remember too much about my computer atm... Recently forgot a lot of it, and can't really do a whole lot (long story... I used to be good with computers since I built this thing but... Things happen >.>)

Anyways, any help? And any AR codes would be appreciated Tongue Not so fun playing on your own unless you have a good starting point...

Zerogoki

(11-30-2009, 02:10 PM)Flaikey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems getting through the initial set up, the loading screens all work fine but when it asks me to accept the licence agreement both options crash the game and i get the error message:

Actually you have to answer No first and Yes after to create a new save without going back to the bios and make Dolphin crash.

I tried to play with my dumped gamecube save but failed.

I'm also looking for Action Replay codes (master code et reset serial code) for JAPANESE version of PSO (V1.0 or v1.1). It seems that Dolphin cannot be used to search for codes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

rath367

Dont say something is gonna fix this problem unless it at least come close.
Read the whole problem first. He said that he gets to the agreement page and he gets that error. there is no yes or no, but if you press disagree anyways you get the same error.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7