Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any News on Balance Board Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The latest builds now support multiple controllers. Has anyone found a way to use their balance board with the wii?
It shouldnt be that hard now.
From what I ve read the only problem at the moment is that the balance board becomes Wiimote 1, so that disables your wiimote and you are not able to navigate in the menus.
From what I ve seen in the real wii, the balance board appears in slot #4.
So, if I am correct the only thing that needs to be done is to force the balance board to connect as wiimote #4 and then it will work.
Well, I don't know. However, I'm going to be buying one next month so I will let everyone know.
im getting mine in 3 days.
though i don't believe it works yet. Sad
(02-01-2010, 08:32 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]im getting mine in 3 days.
though i don't believe it works yet. Sad

I can get both windows and dolphin emulator connect to the board, but none of the games can use it. I think the problem is that the game is expecting the balance board to connect as wiimote #4.
When I go home I ll do some more testing. Maybe I can use emulated controllers for wiimote 1, 2 and 3. And then the balance board will be forced to connect as wiimote 4.
I think it will be fairly easy for the developers to check my hypothesis.
any news?
I cant find one to buy. Thats my latest news.
(02-22-2010, 12:15 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]I cant find one to buy. Thats my latest news.
get wii fit? Tongue

if i would actually want a balance board i'd get one... but the hell would i want one :/
There's quite a lot of (non-fit-stuff) games that support the balance board. In the long run support for it would be obligatory for Dolphin Wink
Also, though I'm not into it, but I kinda think this would be rather easy to get to work with Dolphin, wouldn't it?
I have the board, but not a blue-tooth dongle... I'll ask a guy in the electronics store for one next time I'm there, to buy Miles Edgeworth Investigations (hopefully tomorrow)

EDIT:
So I got a bluetooth adapter today, but I have a little confusion with bluesoleil. First thing I did was follow this guide to connect my wiimote, worked excellently in Dolphin, but after a few minutes I was interrupted by a bluesoleil message saying it's just the trial version, so no more wiimote for me Sad
So I go to their web page, then I read their faq, stating that their provide "basic version 2.x" of bluesoleil with USB dongles worldwide, and in the guide it says I only need version 2.3, which should have come with the device(?). But without knowing this, I installed bluesoleil 6.4.299.0 trial version, and there's no other version to be found anywhere on my system, when I uninstalled it, all the bluetooth adapter had was a windows "add device", which can't read the wiimote encryption... so will I have to pay for bluesoleil v6, or is there an earlier version 2 free somewhere?

Gonna play some Miles Edgeworth instead now...
hm, if you have Win7, there's no need for this bluesoleil stuff. Just open the Windows BT stack, keep 1+2 on wiimote pressed and click on new device, etc...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5