Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any News on Balance Board Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@ KHRZ: So, you didn't get it to work? Or do you still have trouble with Bluetooth?
*bump* ...no news on this one? *especially looking over to KHRZ*
Ah yeah I got the bluetooth working, however haven't tested the board. I can try it later if I find some batteries
cool !
...still looking for batteries? ^^
Well I tried now, the problem is this:
The board connects to Windows 7 bluetooth stack. It is also detected by Dolphin (light stops to flash and it says "1 real wiimote connected". Now if you have the board connected as wiimote 1, you can start the game, and the board will stay connected, however you cannot proceed in the game (since you need a wiimote in slot 1). However, if you set the first wiimote to emulated, and either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th wiimote to "real", you can connect the board, but when you press "OK" to close the wiimote config, it shuts off.

It's ID is "Nintendo RVL-WBC-01", unlike wiimotes which are "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01", if this helps.

EDIT: I tried with a real wiimote in slot 2 and emulated in slot 1, the wiimote didn't shut off and stayed on as I booted New Super Mario Bros Wii. However no input from the real wiimote worked.

Anyway, when I exited Dolphin, the wiimote shut down automatically. But when I pressed any buttons to turn it back on, the ligths didn't even blink. So I switched batteries. It worked again, but the next time I exited Dolphin, I couldn't turn it on again then either, even though I just put in full batteries o_O

Was it a short circuit possibly caused by Dolphin? I had motion+ connected. If someone has batteries to waste, please test this.

EDIT: I switched place of the 2 batteries and it worked again, but after using it in Dolphin and exiting by pressing X, it ceased to function. Definitely seems to be a bug there.
hmm...and if you have a real wiimote as wiimote 1 and balance board as wiimote 2

And what do you mean with "it shuts off"...dolphin quits?
When I quit Dolphin, the wiimote shuts down. No one else experiencing this?

Same thing with a real wiimote connected in slot 1 and balance board in slot 2; when I close the wiimote config, only the wiimote stays on while the balance board shuts off.
hm...I hope a dev who's into the wiimote-plugin reads this...Ayuanx ain't working on it anymore, huh? :|
Any developments in this area lately?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5