Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Resident Evil 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Did, we have some news about Issue 3998 ?

Bi7hazard

why sound problem??? Undecided Soluction?
Use LLE + the official Dolphin 3.0 release.

note: The RE games have all audio problems which are always present (in most cases).
in my experience Xaudio had those dropouts less frequently than Dsound. not by much, though.

audio bugs aside, after playing a few games i think re4 is still the best experience i've had with dolphin. it probably looks so good in HD due to the huge amount of detail in all the textures.
(07-30-2012, 01:20 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]note: The RE games have all audio problems which are always present (in most cases).

Except REmake. At least in the newer Dolphin versions and with LLE i have no audio problems anymore. Ive played through the whole game. Thats great for me, cause it is my all-time-favourite.

If the stopping sound-loops in RE4 and P.N.03 will be fixed some day, i can rest in peace.

P.S. you are from germany, right? -> edit: oh ja, ich sehe: aus Bavaria ^^; ich komme aus Flensburg -> das Nordlicht des Forums.

swiftyman

I just started playing this game and there is a really bad hissing/static whenever music starts up. Is this normal? Or is there a setting I can change to fix it?
Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release and use LLE. but note, the sound issues won't completely disappear. It's a common problem with RE games.

Kloreep

(07-02-2012, 12:35 AM)rafpac Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem as chrisdecuba I also have an overclocked core i5 3570k and a hd6790 but during the rain and fog areas the game slows down excessively. Even when I use Hle the audio doesnt Stutter but the game slows down.

Same here. i5-2500 and Radeon 6950. I had consistently smooth gameplay up to and including the lake, but once it started raining, FPS spends about half its time in single digits. Not very playable. Sad (I also get this ghost-Leon overlayed on top of him some of the time.)

This was under 3.0. I just tried installing 3.0-766 as well, and it appears to be the same.

I'm having a hard time finding others with such a severe rain slowdown, even though 3.0 is very established in Dolphin-land. I wonder if our graphics cards have something to do with it? I'm on Catalyst 12.8
Nope, your GPU has nothing to do with that. The HD 6950 is able to handle 4x IR easily. The problem is the CPU, you have to overclock it Wink
I also get a huge slowdown once it started raining. But on the first pages I see people claiming a build from 2 years ago plays the game perfectly.

Was that a mistake or does a 2 year old build made by a guy that discontinued them seriously runs the game better than 3.0?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15