Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Resident Evil 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

robdood

Hey guys, I've just got into Dolphin Emulating since I got a new rig and am suitably impressed Big Grin

However I'm having a massive headache with Resi 4 Wii as for some reason all the character models are screwy; I can't see Leon (just his gun, and any enemies are all distorted to hell!

Any ideas or suggestions of plugins/etc? I have SVN revision 4771 with the bog standard OpenGL plugin. do I need a different version of the emulator? I'm running windows 7 64 bit on an i5 2500k and have a GTX 480.

EDIT - Jesus, ignore me, I didn't realise my version was so old!! Blush must've gotten it from somewhere stupid instead of here hehe
So what's the deal with this game at this point in time? Does it still suffer from the various issues I've read about in this thread? Or has pretty much everything been cleaned up and resolved?

If not, perhaps it would be wise to just play the PC version with mods instead?
The game is about perfect in latest revisions, some slowdown in some scenes (depending on hardware) and some audio issues, nothing game breaking that would be a show stopper.
Does anyone tried RE4 with DSP LLE ?
Looks like it helps to avoid some noise and wrong sounds, but does music still cuts with LLE ?
My Z68 AsRock Extreme 4 and core-i5-2500k both come today.
I will definitely be taking this game for a spin later when I hook this in to my water cooling.
I can test the game at a few different clock speeds with LLE.
(05-17-2011, 02:40 AM)Bill F Wrote: [ -> ]I can test the game at a few different clock speeds with LLE.

Try something like 4.0GHz+

Gydiby

I'm getting some horrible crackling/buzzing/electronic noises using the latest build and DPS HLE. This game is still prone to bugs, apparently.
(05-17-2011, 09:44 AM)Gydiby Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting some horrible crackling/buzzing/electronic noises using the latest build and DPS HLE. This game is still prone to bugs, apparently.

Use LLE

Gydiby

(05-17-2011, 10:29 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2011, 09:44 AM)Gydiby Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting some horrible crackling/buzzing/electronic noises using the latest build and DPS HLE. This game is still prone to bugs, apparently.

Use LLE

Tried that as well, took me awhile to figure out how to get that working. Admittedly I am pretty new to Dolphin. I get a horrible slowdown using LLE during gameplay, and I don't know if it's my hardware setup or my software setup.

My current hardware setup is ...

CPU: Intel Pentium E5400 Dual Core (Stock Clock 2.7GHz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Memory: Avant Technology 2048 MBytes DDR2 PC2-6400 400MHz x2 (4 GB total)
O.S.: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Bit Edition
Case: Cooler Master Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower (Stock 5 fan air cooling)

As far as software setup, I did not change much from default when testing out LLE. I would try something, and if it did not work, put it back the way it came default. But I am open to suggestions on how to get LLE to work.

Coincidentally, LLE is the only DSP for me that won't make RE4's cut-scenes audio out of sync. Now only if it did not horribly slow down my gameplay. =/
So I just got my computer put together finally, and cranked it up to 4.8 GHz and loaded up RE4 at 1080p (on my homemade 1080p projector) on my EVGA GTX 275 FTW edition in DX9 mode.
(have core-i5-2500k, GSkill 8 GB dual channel 7-7-7-21 DDR3 1333, AsRock Z68 Extreme 4, Larkooler Universal Extreme Performance Universal G1/4 kit)

I started playing for a few hours with LLE Re-compiler. The audio is much better than the last time I tried to play the game in dolphin a while back. (was using HLE back then)
There no longer appears to be any sound crackling nonsense at all. The audio is also in sync. Also Wiimote speaker works. However the music still drops out in places, and I don't think its speed related. (even though the game does still have some small hitches, believe it or not (mostly cut-scenes, maybe its the anti-aliasing))
For example when you walk away from an enemy the battle music might cut off, even though its not supposed to, and even though the game isn't slowing down, and when you walk back or more enemies show up the music doesn't turn back on. Sound effects all seem to play properly.
Also the lockup bug in chapter 3 with the switches is still there. Has there been any activity on fixing that? I'm gonna go search for the issue number and see whats up.
Later I'm gonna try compiling with AVX and see how it performs, I'm still running a build that I built for my Q9650.
I do plan to try to make it to 5 GHz though still. I think my machine can do it, I just need to find the right settings.

While AVX should let dolphin run smoother at lower clockspeeds, you really do need something like a 2500k to run everything smoothly. I was still hitting around 80-90%% CPU in task manager with just Dolphin running. I think the OpenMP texture option was able to allow dolphin to use my quad core pretty well. Those of you trying to run RE4 on LGA 775 with perfect audio should just give up unless you are a "master of overclocking". Tongue

Edit: I was running Dolphin 7546 trunk compiled in VS 2010 Pro using the _M_0x401 switch.

Edit 2: After playing long enough the audio did start crackling in LLE Recompiler. After buying the Punisher from the merchant, when I left the merchant screen it started crackling. I don't think this was a graphically or CPU intensive game area, it was just in the tunnel with Leon and the merchant...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15