Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Resident Evil 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Gydiby

(05-18-2011, 01:57 AM)Bill F Wrote: [ -> ]Those of you trying to run RE4 on LGA 775 with perfect audio should just give up unless you are a "master of overclocking". Tongue

That's not true.

Personally, I run two E5400's at stock 2.7 GHz. I could use the DSP HLE engine and get in-sync and accurate sound with max FPS. When I got to the village, however, after it cleared I would get these horribly scratchy, interference type noises. So I looked into using the DSP LLE engine as others have suggested. But alas, I suffered horrible, unplayable slowdowns with LLE.

So I decided to overclock my CPU, and did so to 3.5 GHz. Stock air cooling, nothing special. Did not even adjust voltage what so ever. No "mastery" needed. Wink

The DPS LLE engine works fine now, no more slowdowns. Did not help the noise, however. Persists in both engines. Wish I could figure out a way to clear this up.
I'm having some trouble with this game. After I first arrive at the lake where we have to fight a giant heel (or worm, or snake, or something) while on a boat and with a harpon, after I kill it and save the game crashes. Even when trying to load the game it crashes. I'm using the latest build, and I've tried JIT and JITIL, both ending with the same result.
Try enable "Accurate texture cache"
It worked. Thanks! Seems to be a problem of that particular time in the game. Right after I loaded the game, I saved again and it loaded with no problem with the previous configuration.

bty

concerning the crash when stepping on the switch in chapter 3-1.

Every time I touched the right switch the emulator would hang and needed to be killed in the task manager.
I tried different builds and a lot of different graphics settings, but the problem persisted.
After some trying I found a way to continue playing further.

I am currently in chapter 4-2 and have not had any further problems.

I've managed to get past it the following way :
- with Ashley, walk behind the right switch without stepping on it. Tell her to wait.
- Move Leon to the center of the room, again not touching the switch.
- Tell Ashley to follow until she steps on the switch and stop her again so she stays on the right switch.
- Move Leon to the left switch.

win7 x64 / intel i5 / nvidia GeForce GT320
dolphin-3.0-win64 build 202 in Direct3D11 mode
RB4E08 PAL

The game runs smoothly in 1680x1050 with 2x native resolution, 4xAA and 16x anisotropic filtering.
Rarely has slowdowns, the only problems are that sound becomes a lot of noise after a few minutes in each room, and there is a audio sync problem in cutscenes.

Kudos to the dolphin team for this awesome emulator.
(12-07-2011, 03:28 AM)bty Wrote: [ -> ]concerning the crash when stepping on the switch in chapter 3-1.

Every time I touched the right switch the emulator would hang and needed to be killed in the task manager.
I tried different builds and a lot of different graphics settings, but the problem persisted.
After some trying I found a way to continue playing further.

I am currently in chapter 4-2 and have not had any further problems.

I've managed to get past it the following way :
- with Ashley, walk behind the right switch without stepping on it. Tell her to wait.
- Move Leon to the center of the room, again not touching the switch.
- Tell Ashley to follow until she steps on the switch and stop her again so she stays on the right switch.
- Move Leon to the left switch.

win7 x64 / intel i5 / nvidia GeForce GT320
dolphin-3.0-win64 build 202 in Direct3D11 mode
RB4E08 PAL

The game runs smoothly in 1680x1050 with 2x native resolution, 4xAA and 16x anisotropic filtering.
Rarely has slowdowns, the only problems are that sound becomes a lot of noise after a few minutes in each room, and there is a audio sync problem in cutscenes.

Kudos to the dolphin team for this awesome emulator.

Yeah, I already know thatTongue
Another way to fix it, is use "JITIL" experimental recompiler.Wink
Anyway nice tutorialSmile
I played the game up till 4-1 this weekend and didn't encounter the switch stepping crash/bug.
I used the official 3.0 release with Direct3D9, DSP LLE, EFB to RAM.

But in any case it's good to know about this nevertheless since it might pop up next time.
Thanks for the info!
Has there been any progress on figuring out why it crashes?
Is this an instruction type that just isn't supported?

bty

Quote:Yeah, I already know that
Well, I skimmed through this thread and could not find a solution to the problem, so I thought I'd share so others might find it more easily.
Meanwhile I've completed the first play through, so the game is completable.

Awesome game, awesome emulator.
Using HLE I can get constant 30fps but the scratchy noises are really annoying. On LLE I get constant 30fps except when there is like 6+ Ganados on the screen, then my FPS fluctuates between 25 and 30. I have a GTX 580 and i7-875k OCd to 3.8Ghz, is there any way I can get those few extra frames, or a way to reduce the noises in HLE? While I'm at it, is there any update on a way to stop the BGM from cutting out?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15