Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to wire a Wii's Bluetooth Module to a PC USB Port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although it won't help me any more you could mention the part name of your regulator so other people here could benefit from your knowledge.
I don't remember - I pretty much just searched a website I buy things from for 3.3V regulators and sorted by price, then scrolled until I found something suitable. If you don't already use that site, you're likely to find something else at a different price.

corpgator

Anyone want to sell me one already assembled? I'll pay a good price. I don't have the inclination to do it myself. I'm clumsy enough to burn my hand off.
I just bought some j27H002 modules to see if I can do this and the module is much smaller than I expected. Then I wondered why no one has made an adapter than connects to the module's normal socket. Could it be that the matching connector component is very hard to find or even harder to solder?

sheninat0r

I made a USB stick Bluetooth adapter with a 3D printed case and about $5 of parts from Aliexpress (USB male plug, 5V -> 3.3V regulator, WML-C43). It functions with libusbK in Windows 10 as described on the wiki, but audio only works within a few feet of the stick even when it's isolated from any interference with a long USB extender. 

It was a massive pain in the neck to solder the pads on the Bluetooth module; I would prefer not to do it again, but I already have some ideas for a revised internal layout that could be even more compact. I can provide parts links and the STL for the case if anyone is interested.

[attachment=18270]
(08-24-2019, 09:20 AM)sheninat0r Wrote: [ -> ]I made a USB stick Bluetooth adapter with a 3D printed case and about $5 of parts from Aliexpress (USB male plug, 5V -> 3.3V regulator, WML-C43). It functions with libusbK in Windows 10 as described on the wiki, but audio only works within a few feet of the stick even when it's isolated from any interference with a long USB extender. 

It was a massive pain in the neck to solder the pads on the Bluetooth module; I would prefer not to do it again, but I already have some ideas for a revised internal layout that could be even more compact. I can provide parts links and the STL for the case if anyone is interested.

That looks great. Please list the parts you used, including the wires. All the photos in this thread makes it look so easy but when look at the bluetooth module in real-life, it is so small. I feel like if I breath, something will get destroyed.
I finally got around to soldering my own. This is my first time soldering and my soldering tip had a hard time making the tin stick to the components. Some of the wires came off when trying to move the adapter to a different USB port. Is hot glue a good way of securing the solder joints? Is electrical tape too dangerous? I just want this shit to stick together.
[Image: WR08LFR.jpg?3]
Hot glue is a pretty standard method of securing things safely.

As for your difficulties, make sure you're using leaded solder (lead free is a bitch to work with for little benefit) and that you applied flux to the spot you want your solder to go.
The tin to lead ratio on my solder is 63/37. I did use liquid flux, but I wiped it off before soldering. Should I not do that? And finally, anything I should know before hot gluing the solder joints?
Don't wipe the flux off. The point of it is that it stops things from oxidising when they're hot, and if it's gone when they're hot, it won't do anything.

Also, I'm concerned that your wires don't look right. Mine definitely used more of the contacts than you have, and the colours look suspicious, too. Double-check against a diagram before making things hard by burying them in hot glue.