Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to wire a Wii's Bluetooth Module to a PC USB Port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The issues you mentioned when connecting 2.0 devices on 3.0 ports might happen depending on how the ports are configured by your motherboard and sometimes can be manipulated to some extent through BIOS options, but that varies a loooooot from manufacturer to manufacturer. In general, especially with recent hardware, there shouldn't be any behavioral difference when connecting a 2.0 device to a 2.0 port vs connecting a 2.0 device to a 3.0 port...
Yes, it shouldnt be. But sometimes there is.

I tried mostly on different haswell platforms. Not sure about newest ones.
Damn, I found another one.

This one goes crazy when connected to usb 3.0 port. Buttons are stuck like they are pressed when not. On usb 2.0 is fine.

Its a Xbox 360 sf4 fighting pad.
(12-07-2018, 01:17 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]I also have the problem when wiimote sometimes wont connect. Wiimote wont connect anymore no matter what you try. Only solution is restart pc, reconnect bt adapter or disable/enable bt adapter from system devices on Windows.

I think this is related to libusbk hanging. Is not the best stable driver on Windows.

If you turn on the wiimote a few seconds after emulation starts, usually you wont have any problem.

If you turn on the wiimote too soon or too late, the wont connect problem have more chances to happen (I think turning it on too soon, like on Dolphin ui, Will have more chances of hanging the adapter than turning it on too late)

Not sure if can be improved on Dolphin side or it's just libusbk side. Maybe Dolphin can do a hard reset of the adapter when you close a game? But also not sure if this can take the adapter out of the hang state. A soft reset probably wont be enough.

Im using wii bt adapter and tried many different wii bt modules. So, it's not module related at all.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm having this problem in a big way with New Super Mario Bros. This game is notorious with 3rd party BT adatpers in passthrough mode because it sends many commands to the adapter. When I initially put together my Wii BT adapter for USB connection, it worked great and did not have any problems with this game whatsoever. I had not played the game in a long time and my kids started playing it the other day again when they noticed that often, they lose control or their characters for 4-5 seconds. Also, like trihy described, getting the wiimote to connect at the beginning is hit or miss with this game.

Could it be some Windows 10 related issue with recent updates?
(01-05-2019, 01:59 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to reiterate that I'm having this problem in a big way with New Super Mario Bros.  This game is notorious with 3rd party BT adatpers in passthrough mode because it sends many commands to the adapter.  When I initially put together my Wii BT adapter for USB connection, it worked great and did not have any problems with this game whatsoever.  I had not played the game in a long time and my kids started playing it the other day again when they noticed that often, they lose control or their characters for 4-5 seconds.  Also, like trihy described, getting the wiimote to connect at the beginning is hit or miss with this game.

Could it be some Windows 10 related issue with recent updates?

Now I'm in really deep shit.  I started messing around and changing the adapter from port to port and now I can't get it to work at all.  I get a libusb error of the "not supported" type.  I even tried a system restore point and it did not work.

Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling windows, which I don't plan on doing any time soon?
I ended up changing back to one specific USB port and it is working again. Apparently I have messed up using that port forever. Whatever, I've gotten enough heartburn out of this thing. I'll just let it lie and perhaps someday it will sort itself out.
Damn, I'm so irritated.
Dolphin isnt reconnecting my wiimotes anymore.

I have to resync even when changing game without closing Dolphin.

Deleted SYSCONF and problem still there.

Any ideas?

Im using wii bt module.

Using latest dev build.

Edit. Ok, this is weird. Only happens on new super mario. Other games sync well. At least the ones I try. NSMB is a no go. Manual resync every time. Worked fine before, I used it a lot. Even have some nsmb hacks mods and none resync/reconnect!
I think I saw another user have problems using the wii bt module and NSMW, but I can't find the post (didn't look too hard tbh).
(01-08-2019, 11:32 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I saw another user have problems using the wii bt module and NSMW, but I can't find the post (didn't look too hard tbh).

That might have been me.

Trihy:

That has been my experience as well: all other games I have tested seem to work fine except NSMBW and, to an extent, Skyward Sword.  

NSMBW experiences the problems you and I described, where it is hard to connect the wiimote when the game loads.  In my case, if I wait five seconds after the white wiimote screen loads, I can get it to connect pretty consistently.  The real problem is that the wiimote connection remains laggy and unstable, disconnecting often for periods of 5-6 seconds.  

In the case of Zelda Skyward Sword, the only problem is that you need to wait about 5 seconds or so before attempting to connect the wiimote, just like with NSMBW, otherwise it will not connect.  However, once connected it would never disconnect for me and I could play for hours.

I am pretty sure that when I first rigged my Wii BT module, I tested this game, knowing it was one of the two problematic games identified in the dolphin BT passthrough wiki page, and I don't recall observing any problems then.  Perhaps you are right and something has changed on the software side of things, whether in Dolphin itself or any Windows 10 updates.  Then again, I may not have played the game enough to notice the problem at the time but I doubt it, because it usually doesn't take too long to experience a disconnection.

I know you said you've tried other BT adapters but I still went ahead and ordered another one to see if it behaves differently.  This time, instead of a J27H002, I'm hooking up a WLM-C43.  It will arrive next week so I'll post here what I find.
Is there an issue report for this? It sounds like the kind of thing that should be on the issue tracker.