Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WIN32: Failed to grab 1 GB of contiguous memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

psyjoe

I've attached a simple solution to workaround the "Failed to grab 1 GB of contiguous memory..." error message thats works for me.

the patch allocates the needed memoryarea on startup and managed the sections on demand.

Dell Vostro 1700 : Intel Core2 Duo T8300 @2,4 GHz - 3 GB RAM - XP SP3
List your specs !
Works pretty good for me. After loading about five games, loading a new one crashes Dolphin. But that's a big improvement over the previous one game. Also, there seem to be no memory leaks, because the memory usage of loading five games didn't go noticeably above that for loading one. I'm going to keep this patch applied. Smile
I'm having a few random crashes, but I can't figure out if it has to do with this patch. Also, does anyone know if this problem is Win32 specific?

BTW, you can compress
#ifdef _WIN32
#ifndef _M_X64
#endif
#endif
into
#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(_M_X64)
#endif
(09-13-2009, 02:22 AM)kainino Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a few random crashes, but I can't figure out if it has to do with this patch. Also, does anyone know if this problem is Win32 specific?

BTW, you can compress
#ifdef _WIN32
#ifndef _M_X64
#endif
#endif
into
#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(_M_X64)
#endif

yeh we're having issues with 32bit version only, because the address space on 32bit systems is much more restricted (less than 4GB) compared to x64 machines where it's virtually unlimited (at least 8TB).
As an example, iirc on x64 we're addressing 4GB of contiguous memory instead of 1GB and it always works flawlessly Tongue

koobascout

Hi,

I'm also having this same error, and after reading the other thread about Kaspersky, which I don't have, I came upon this thread. Since there is no explanation on how to use this patch in this thread nor in a readme file contained within the zip attachment above, would someone kindly explain how to apply the patch? Also, I'm unfamiliar with the .diff filename extension. Is it an actual patching application or does the file simply need to be placed in a particular directory?
(09-13-2009, 11:03 AM)koobascout Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm also having this same error, and after reading the other thread about Kaspersky, which I don't have, I came upon this thread. Since there is no explanation on how to use this patch in this thread nor in a readme file contained within the zip attachment above, would someone kindly explain how to apply the patch? Also, I'm unfamiliar with the .diff filename extension. Is it an actual patching application or does the file simply need to be placed in a particular directory?

i could use the same thing Smile
lol monkey9926 and koobascout a .diff file is used to patch the source code not the binary to use the .diff file you need to use a svn tool to apply it to the source code then you have to build the source code Tongue
Or, someone can build it for you.

Here's a copy of Rev 4253 32-bit with this patch applied. I hope it helps.

Download

_____________EDIT__________
New version: 4479
(09-13-2009, 03:29 PM)death-droid Wrote: [ -> ]lol monkey9926 and koobascout a .diff file is used to patch the source code not the binary to use the .diff file you need to use a svn tool to apply it to the source code then you have to build the source code Tongue

im not saying i agreed with koobascout i just wanted to know how to use the patch Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7