Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Store per game configuration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dogway, the .ini files are named after the ID Nintendo themselves assigned (essentially an UUID for GC and Wii games). The "fluff" description is info hardcoded into the ISO or disc image. That's the field game developers set. It was never meant to be read by ordinary users; it was an internal reference for their use only. Games in Nintendo systems had these ASCII fields frequently (they're present for GB, GBC, and GBA games) but they rarely were displayed to the player, so HAL got away with things like calling Kirby Epic Yarn "fluff".

These names were generated automatically iirc by Dolphin during the initial creation of .ini files. Given the volume of .ini files present, it would be unreasonable to ask people to go through them all and manually change "inaccurate" names.

If you want to go to the .ini file for a specific game you have, the easiest way is to just right-click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties, and hit the Edit Config button.
(06-16-2014, 07:00 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Would you care to post the "correct" settings then? As far as i know you haven't posted anything at all to that regard. Now you are trolling and this thread is going straight for closure imo.

What is this man? Check who is trolling.

(06-16-2014, 05:30 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ]Settings here:
[Image: c5timwZs.png]

I eventually use revisions from EmuCR, just used on from dolphin as I use to do and Wave Race worked at 20fps, and Mario Sunshine with same outcome as posted screenshot above.

(06-16-2014, 04:32 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ][Image: XerqaT1s.png]

(06-16-2014, 07:11 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Dogway, the .ini files are named after the ID Nintendo themselves assigned (essentially an UUID for GC and Wii games). The "fluff" description is info hardcoded into the ISO or disc image.

Thank you, the names are very misleading, but this is more understandeable now, despite not making much sense. I went my way and renamed them so I know what is what. I don't know if these should be renamed "officially" it serves no purpose as it is now.
(06-16-2014, 07:25 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2014, 07:00 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Would you care to post the "correct" settings then? As far as i know you haven't posted anything at all to that regard. Now you are trolling and this thread is going straight for closure imo.

What is this man? Check who is trolling.

(06-16-2014, 05:30 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ]Settings here:
[Image: c5timwZs.png]

Lol, now that's a good one. Btw download your builds from here and not emucr: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/?nocr=true
Did you read my post, or want to play hide and seek? (5 pages by now)

My profile is updated with latest revision (translated, did download 1871 from official Dolphin page), and Mario Sunshine still shows the same issue, not to say Wave Race framerate (20fps).
(06-16-2014, 07:39 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read my post, or want to play hide and seek? (5 pages by now)

My profile is updated with latest revision (translated, did download 1871 from official Dolphin page), and Mario Sunshine still shows the same issue, not to say Wave Race framerate (20fps).

Are you an idiot or are you an idiot? I read your whole thread and my IQ dropped by several points. There is nothing i have to understand from your posts, you on the other hand...
@Dogway - I don't see anything wrong with your settings, though I will recreate them on my system later.

For the speed issue, can you run two programs (GPU-Z and CPU-Z) and take a sceenshot of them while running Dolphin? It could be an issue with your GPU running at low clock speeds (this is actually a common issue). Some GPUs misinterpret what Dolphin needs, and allocates less resources than what the emulator actually requires. This can usually be solved by setting the GPU to "Maximum Performance" rather than a "Dynamic" or "Adaptive" Mode. I would like to see what these two programs say before telling you to do anything though. You shouldn't be getting poor speeds with your hardware, so it seems likely that one component is throttling somehow.

@ALTTP - Don't start anything. Hurling ad hominems won't get us anywhere. If either you or the OP start flaming one another, expect warnings or worse.
If someone has certain settings forced in their graphics card settings, such as anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering, the goo will literally float away. I'm not saying that's the issue here, but that's the one time the goo floated away on me.
(06-16-2014, 07:49 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If someone has certain settings forced in their graphics card settings, such as anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering, the goo will literally float away. I'm not saying that's the issue here, but that's the one time the goo floated away on me.

This is it, not fool proof enough i guess...
@Link_to_the_past: At this point you are actually trolling, several posts adding NOTHING, quit the thread ASAP or get ready for warnings.

I didn't set anything on my graphic card settings, it is how it comes from factory.

I observed that launching the game from Dolphin is fine, but if I do the same from HyperSpin I get frame drops, I get an average of 26fps with drops down to 20fps, see screenshot.
I know that at this point you are going to ask if HyperSpin does write its own settings, but it isn't, I write down what HyperSpin sets for me, I don't know if some program is stealing resources or what:

[Image: w3se4pts.png]

Code:
settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"
Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
UseCustomWiimoteProfiles := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "UseCustomWiimoteProfiles","false",,1)    ; set to true if you want to setup custom Wiimote profiles for games
UseCustomGCPadProfiles := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "UseCustomGCPadProfiles","false",,1)    ; set to true if you want to setup custom GCPad profiles for games
HideMouse := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "HideMouse","true",,1)                    ; hides mouse cursor in the emu options
PairKey := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "PairKey","",,1)                            ; hotkey to "Pair Up" Wiimotes, delete the key to disable it
RefreshKey := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "RefreshKey","",,1)                        ; hotkey to "Refresh" Wiimotes, delete the key to disable it
Timeout := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Timeout","5",,1)                            ; amount in seconds we should wait for the above hotkeys to timeout

Without HyperSpin I also get drops, but they are minimal, and I observed only when many characters are on screen, average framerate is 29 or 30fps.

[Image: IbUmNpGs.png]
As we suggested was possible, your GPU's clocked down. Either set it to high performance in the nVidia control panel (recommended), set the IR to ridiculous levels, or set the texture cache to safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6