Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Store per game configuration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I see, so the ini files aren't really set on stone and "safe" at all... it's more about compatibility than "feeling", but anyways...
I only have about 20 ini files, for the games I have, the most popular...

Something I really hated about the ini files is how they named the games after... they didn't specify the region, and sometimes even the game name. I recall Kirby Epic Yarn being called as fluff, or something alike.

I will try to nail down my ini's by asking on forum for each problematic game. thank you.

EFB to RAM and still goo is missing:

[Image: XerqaT1s.png]
That's a problem on your end, fine here. And, the INI file names do specify region.
You should probably post your current Dolphin settings (the ones under Graphics) so we can take a look at them.
(06-16-2014, 04:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a problem on your end, fine here. And, the INI file names do specify region.

Are you sure? These are taken from an official downloaded dolphin

Mario Sunshine (PAL)
# GMSP01 - Super Mario Sunshine

Kirby Epic Yarn (USA)
# RK5E01 - fluff

Settings here:
[Image: c5timwZs.png]
GMSP(al)01 - Super Mario Sunshine. the P usually stands for the PAL region, as such, GMSJ01, GMSE01 are the others.

RK5E01 - because we see that trusty E, we know that's an NTSC game.

As far as I know, all the names are from the disc itself, Dolphin doesn't customly add these things.
(06-16-2014, 05:43 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]GMSP(al)01 - Super Mario Sunshine. the P usually stands for the PAL region, as such, GMSJ01, GMSE01 are the others.

RK5E01 - because we see that trusty E, we know that's an NTSC game.

As far as I know, all the names are from the disc itself, Dolphin doesn't customly add these things.

Say something I don't know. Are you ignoring this on purpose?

# RK5E01 - fluff
Hello? I said that Dolphin had nothing do with the names or ids, they're made by the developers/publishers. If someone wanted it to be called fluff, it's called fluff, just like Super Mario Galaxy 2 is called Super Mario Galaxy More on the disc.
Dogway how old are you? Judging by the error message you reported earlier "jump target too far away, needs force5Bytes=true" you used a development build that was broken, use the latest one since it is fixed. Gameini files are not the holy grail, they just fix whatever is fixable by settings to prevent the usage of wrong ones, they don't fix emulator issues. And if you don't like them just delete them and use your own.
And did I say otherwise? That's exactly what I'm saying, that the bundled ini files presumably made by knowledgeable people are named incorrectly, so what to expect about the content of the setting file itself?
(06-16-2014, 06:55 AM)Dogway Wrote: [ -> ]And did I say otherwise? That's exactly what I'm saying, that the bundled ini files presumably made by knowledgeable people are named incorrectly, so what to expect about the content of the setting file itself?

Would you care to post the "correct" settings then? As far as i know you haven't posted anything at all to that regard. Now you are trolling and this thread is going straight for closure imo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6