Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Obituary for 32-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The last development build of x86 is fairly stable and shouldn't have anything broken in it.
You guys are aware this build (4.0-1609) is gonna become the graal for x86 users.
This build is still young but when it isn't any more I ask indulgence (I've already done this :p) to devs/admins for people that will be using it. I mean for support on the forum
No, we are not supporting x86 anymore. People who use x86 can go ask support somewhere else. We are not making exceptions for what we support: latest stable, and latest development version.
https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/issues/261

RPCS3 is following our example, and dropped 32-bit. Big Grin Makes even more sense for them than it did for us!
@delroth: I knew you were gonna say that :p.

Unfortunately for x86 users
It's not like RPCS3 was going to work well on 32-bit anyway. Even more so than Dolphin, there is no way a 32bit CPU could run RPCS3. That just leaves people with 32-bit operating systems on 64-bit hardware, and people on 64-bit hardware with 64-bit OSes downloading by mistake. With a project as young and demanding as RPCS3, by the time the project gets to playable status on hardware of the time I doubt win32 is even going to be a consideration. Better to do it now then spend years supporting it for nothing.

JBoughter

Well, it's not like this was gonna stay forever.
It takes less time for compiling and makes more people happier.

Although, I still find it really odd why 64-bit users got 32-bit builds? Very obscure.
Anyways, as long as the builds still work and all. It'll just be great to make steps towards a better emulator.
What was the last version of Visual Studio to support Windows XP?
Visual Studio or Visual C++? The last supported VC++ version for XP was 2012.
(06-26-2014, 05:48 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Visual Studio or Visual C++? The last supported VC++ version for XP was 2012.

I meant what was the last version of Visual Studio Compiler to support Windows XP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8