Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Obituary for 32-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

H_C_L

This is good progress for the emulator itself and its performance.

I am baffled by 64-bit users downloading 32-bit builds though, feels masochistic. Ha! I mean why?
When will you complain about supporting <AVX-512?Smile All these cool things we are doing with those 32 ZMM registers but the plebs are still using those slow Sandy/Ivy Bridge and Has/Broadwell CPUs.

Paul.M

I am wondering if future x64 builds of Dolphin will be able to run at full speed with my current laptop specs, check profile.
Right now the speed keeps fluctuating, it's runs full speed then gets slow, then gets fast and so on.
This happens even on the lowest graphics settings.
I am planning on upgrading my laptop's ram later this year, it maxes out at 8GB.
(05-20-2014, 04:32 PM)Zer07777 Wrote: [ -> ]32bit software need to go , now if only firefox would follow in dolphins footsteps , the only thing 64 bit cant do is a decent media player , the 64bit version of mpc-hc and vlc both suck

What is wrong with our 64-bit MPC-HC builds? The only thing it can't do is use madVR, since the developer refuses to maintain 64-bit builds and is closed source.
Good riddance. XP and D3D9 are outdated as hell and 32bit OSes are redundant. Glad to hear you're cutting the support.

Tuco Benedicto

(05-20-2014, 11:27 PM)Blackbird256 Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance. XP and D3D9 are outdated as hell and 32bit OSes are redundant. Glad to hear you're cutting the support.
Yeah, this.
Virtually any single CPU on the market has been a 64 bit one for the last 10 years, at this point.
People who keep clinging to a 32 bit OS need to move on.
[quote='lamedude' pid='324198' dateline='1400584384']
When will you complain about supporting <AVX-512?Smile All these cool things we are doing with those 32 ZMM registers but the plebs are still using those slow Sandy/Ivy Bridge and Has/Broadwell CPUs.
Lol, sure...
(05-20-2014, 04:32 PM)Zer07777 Wrote: [ -> ]32bit software need to go , now if only firefox would follow in dolphins footsteps , the only thing 64 bit cant do is a decent media player , the 64bit version of mpc-hc and vlc both suck
i would switch to 64bit, but madvr is 32bit only Sad

btw, mpchc is flawless in 64bit, so dunno what your issue is. personally, im using mpcbe with lav,ffdshow,madvr,reclock and xyvobsub (except for reclock and madvr, everythings available in 64bit)

P.S. vlc sucks at 32bit and 64bit lawl
(05-20-2014, 10:44 PM)Paul.M Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering if future x64 builds of Dolphin will be able to run at full speed with my current laptop specs, check profile.
Right now the speed keeps fluctuating, it's runs full speed then gets slow, then gets fast and so on.
This happens even on the lowest graphics settings.
I am planning on upgrading my laptop's ram later this year, it maxes out at 8GB.

No, it won´t hit full speed. What you need is a new and stronger laptop or simply build a desktop yourself.
If removing 32-bit would magically make 64-bit faster, it would have done a long time ago. Builds will get faster, but that'll be as new features and optimizations are added.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8