Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Obituary for 32-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Anti-Ultimate That's the joke. Don't they teach smilies=not serious in Internet 101 anymore.
Making one with a pink MLP theme on April 1st could provide a few lulz.
[Image: picardfacepalm.jpg]
Great, that's a good way to make sure your opinion is ignored and ridiculed.
(06-04-2014, 03:46 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Great, that's a good way to make sure your opinion is ignored and ridiculed.

I see that 32-bit android is still supported. Oh wait I forgot, most everyone is now kissing up to the stupid, overrated android. Even people who used
to make homebrew for the Wii have now left it for the android.

IIRC, I thought you left Dolphin's development.

Warning level 20% For what? Stating my opinion?
It's one thing to say you're for or against a feature removal or development choice, it's another thing to go out of your way to belittle and attack the other viewpoint. The warning (I didn't give the warning, so I don't know the exact reasoning) is likely for trolling/flaming or trying to incite flaming. From what I can see, it looks like that's what you're trying to do. It isn't like you got banned, it's just a warning that will expire after so many days.

If you have any kind of argument other than saying that it was stupid, I'd be glad to hear it, as we put together our argument ahead of the removal.
(06-04-2014, 04:37 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's one thing to say you're for or against a feature removal or development choice, it's another thing to go out of your way to belittle and attack the other viewpoint. The warning (I didn't give the warning, so I don't know the exact reasoning) is likely for trolling/flaming or trying to incite flaming. From what I can see, it looks like that's what you're trying to do. It isn't like you got banned, it's just a warning that will expire after so many days.

If you have any kind of argument other than saying that it was stupid, I'd be glad to hear it, as we put together our argument ahead of the removal.

I saw a graph of how many downloads there are for 32-bit on here. Do remember that there are other sites than this to DL from so the total number would be more than what you all thought. I get Dolphin from EmuCR, and it was disappointing to only see the x64 and Android versions on there. I'm stuck with a 32-bit Win7 for now and won't be able to use any newer versions because someone thought removing it was a good idea. Even though most people today probably use 64 bit, some of us are stuck with what we have for now. I guess it being open source is a good thing though considering if someone wanted they could start back building the 32-bit versions.

Ahh now I see about the warning level:

Off-topic talk (+2 points) Today, 03:32 AM 07-04-2014, 03:32 AM Jhonn

Um, how was this off-topic again? Considering I gave my opinion on something?
Your have a 64bit processor with options. You can either upgrade Windows, or use a Linux operating system. The fact is, you're already getting a gimped version of the emulator due to limitations of 32bit. Just use the older versions, which we have archived here.

If you want to use the latest and greatest versions, with new speedups coming thanks to not having to support x86_32, then you'll need to use a 64bit OS.

Android 32bit isn't being dropped because it's entirely isolated from the x86_64 JIT core; there's really no shared code so it isn't in the way. Plus, pretty much every ARM device is 32bit right now.
(06-04-2014, 04:44 AM)47iscool Wrote: [ -> ]Um, how was this off-topic again? Considering I gave my opinion on something?

A huge meme-like image isn't an opinion. Consider writing instead of spamming...

BTW, 32-bit builds won't go back and that already was explained several times. Deal with it
(06-04-2014, 04:44 AM)47iscool Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it being open source is a good thing though considering if someone wanted they could start back building the 32-bit versions.
Open source allows you to maintain the 32-bit version, but it's also open source which makes us not to care about the download statistics.

I'm not interested in maintaining the 32-bit version, so I'm fine with the removeal. I guess you're not fine with the removeal, so do you want to maintain it?

offtopic: I still honor Tino for maintaining the d3d9 backend. He is the only one keeping care about this backend while thousands just complain. Which one do you want to be?

perfection6989

I think it's OK to focus on the x64 version but there are several months of work, since you released the 4.0.2 version.
In my opinion, it would be a good idea release a last stable x86 version.

What do you think about?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8