Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are these specs good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone, I would like to know if these specs are good enough to run Super Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess smoothly, thanks in advance.
Dual core, 1700 MHz, Intel Core i5-3317U
Intel HD Graphics 4000
4096 MB RAM
64 GB
Nope, both will be very slow because of your CPU (I assume you have an ultrabook?)
(11-07-2013, 11:23 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, both will be very slow because of your CPU (I assume you have an ultrabook?)
Hey Thanks for reply! You really are a fast post =)
Not quite, I was actually thinking about buying the Surface Pro but I see it will not be sufficient. Reason for my question is I wanted to clarify this since I looked on youtube of someone actually running Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Wii at a pretty good frame rate, ocasional slow here and there but it ran pretty good for a tablet. What would you recommend the i5 structure should be for these games (3317U, etc)?
The "U" in the model number stands for Ultra-low power, which also means that they aren't going to be nearly fast enough XD. In fact if you want full speed in Twilight Princess at all you are going to need a desktop.
*if you want full speed in Twilight Princess at all you are going to need a desktop* that has an i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz plus a dedicated graphic card
I'm sorry but that tablet is no more than a joke for demanding game like Zelda TP ( Hyrule Field later part)
Super Mario Sunshine may be playble since it's "light-weight" game
Ultra low voltage CPU performance depends on cooling capability of your laptop/tablet . Tablets suck...Don't expect maximum turbo frequency
(11-08-2013, 12:45 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Sunshine may be playble since it's "light-weight" game

Well, I would agree if it didn't use EFB to RAM
Thanks for the information guys, I'll see what I can do.
Tablets in general are a no go for dolphin. You really need at least a laptop and preferably a desktop.
Ok, sorry I've researched around and found this hardware. Would this do for both games mentioned above:

4TH Gen Intel Core i7 4500U 1.8ghz (up to 3.0ghz with TurboBoost)
Nvidia GeForce GT735M with 2gb dedicated memory
8gb DDR3L memory
1TB ATA hard rive
15.5" 1920 x 1080p
Nope, Twilight Princess is far too demanding for any ultrabook or tablet as mentioned above.
Pages: 1 2 3 4