Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are these specs good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i7 4700MQ/HQ should be ok for Zelda TP , Hyrule Field later part won't run full speed but close to
Here are some ultra thin high-end gaming laptops :
1) Ibuypower 17.3" utrathin with dual fansink , 1 for CPU and 1 for GPU . This one should be recommended to you since you need a light-weight , portable laptop (not its size lol)
2 ) MSI GE40 with low power consumption quad core (Please note that it's not ultra low voltage CPU like i7 4500U which is a dual core CPU) but i'm not sure about its cooling since it has only 1 fansink for both CPU and GPU
Hey thanks for the suggestions! So the i7 4500U I mentioned is a dual core CPU?
(11-11-2013, 11:20 PM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thanks for the suggestions! So the i7 4500U I mentioned is a dual core CPU?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-...562.0.html

It‘s an ultra low voltage dual core . It isnt as fast as a normal dual core CPU
Ok thanks, sorry I'm a newbie
You should check Laptop performance guide
You have to push CPU clock speed (i7 4700HQ) to 3.2GHz or higher manually if you want maximum performance with Dolphin
Good stuff here, thanks. This guide here is really helpfull for TurboBoost. I'll keep this handy if I decide to go portable.
Ok I have ditched the tablet and going for a gaming laptop instead, and found this:

Intel i5 4200M (2.5Ghz) with Turbo (3.1Ghz)
6GM Memory
750GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce GT 720M w/t dedicated 2GB

Will this be decent enough with either 720p or 1080p? Thanks guys
Should be decent enough for quite a number of games, 720p is doable, 1080p may not happen on GPU heavy games, what games do you plan to play

Spoiler:
Super Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess/WindWaker
Check out the Sager/Clevo laptops at Xoticpc.com.
They usually have some sort of sale going on for Sager/Clevo, and they're reasonably priced/very strong (they dont have a OS as default to keep the prices low-ish)
Pages: 1 2 3 4