Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Huge slowdown in SMS / Shading problems in MK:DD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So this are the issues.

Super Mario Sunshine:

Everything goes normal at the first part of the game (when Mario gets the F.L.U.D.D and all that). After rescuing Peach, a statue appears and the false Mario dissappears. After that, the game starts running with a huge slowdown (only 2 FPS and 5 VPS, I think).

Mario Kart: Double Dash!:

At the same moment when the race starts, the characters´ colors become dark with no reason. (That was in 3.5 stable, it doesn´t happens in older revisions).

Tell me if you will need screenshots.
These issues are most likely related to your IGP. Which is not officially supported.
The first issue is due to both your CPU and GPU being near-worthless for Dolphin (duh), while the second has been reported by a few other folk, so it may be legit.

Also, someone shorten the thread title, I get errors trying to reply.
You mean that SMS has some CPU/GPU intensive parts during gameplay?
I've had the game drop frames once or twice on real hardware (meaning an actual GC/Wii), so I'd certainly say so. Runs at 15-20 fps on my MacBook Air under Linux, which is a good bit faster than your machine, but not by too much (1.7 GHz (2.6 GHz dual-core turbo) i5-2557M, Intel HD Graphics 3000).
Well, when in normal state it runs 16-26 FPS @ 800x600 (50%/66% speed). Cutscenes run at full speed; until I reach the point I´ve mentioned at the top of the thread.

Edit: I´ll let an Intel comparison article so we can have more info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...sing_units
Actually, I honestly don't even remember the exact average framerate it ran at (my Linux install is a bit broken right now, so I can't check), nor do I remember which build (don't even know if it was before or after the GLSL-master merge).

I dunno why you're getting such a massive slowdown at that exact point, but I can certainly say that you're gonna want much better hardware to run games on.
Ok, lets say that I will buy a new video card right now, a GeForce 9900 GT. Is that card able to run SMS with no drops (or less drops)?
------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from that, I found other issue (both in 3.0-557 and 3.5-stable): slowdown in Mario Party 5 (same as in SMS), but this time because of consecutive shader compiling failures.

I can run it fine with Dolphin 2.0, with no slowdowns or failures at all.
oliverfrancisco Wrote:Ok, lets say that I will buy a new video card right now, a GeForce 9900 GT. Is that card able to run SMS with no drops (or less drops)?

1. There is no such video card. Perhaps you meant a 9800 GT.
2. If there were such a video card is would be horribly outdated since the geforce 9 series is from 2008. You would be much better off buying a more recent card unless you can get it for free or almost free.
3. Your cpu is too slow and therefore you would still experience slowdowns.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:but this time because of consecutive shader compiling failures.

What do you mean by that?
I meant that I´m having the same slowdown I have in SMS, with the difference that in MP5 the slowdown is provocated by the pixel shader failures. And that those failures doesn´t happen in 2.0.
Pages: 1 2 3