Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil Zero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(05-20-2014, 05:38 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're suffering from an underclocking issue.

So how do I fix it?
(05-20-2014, 08:20 AM)fawaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2014, 05:38 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're suffering from an underclocking issue.

So how do I fix it?

You should first start checking your CPU temps en corespeeds, to find out if this is actually the case. I recommend Core Temp: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp

Then, when you determine your CPU getting too hot and maybe throttling (core speeds go down) you know that there's a problem with it. Then you could buy a better CPU cooler, so that the CPU doesn't get as hot under load and doesn't throttle.
I don't know if this has actually been answered but I'm finding slow down issues when loading, but all I can find is pointing to using save state in dolphin.

I am using the most recent version (installed this week) off the dolphin website and I've noticed when loading the game normally (using typewriter) I get a reduced FPS approx 15-20 fps, yet if I boot the game normally and start a new game I get nearly full 60 fps all the time.

Off topic, is Dolphin CPU/GPU dependant I've recently got my hands on a free laptop which isn't that bad, has i5 processor and 2GB ram, but understandably Dolphin does lag a little, but I was wondering if I upgraded the ram to say 4 or 8GB would this improve performance a little.
Retroboy: Work is being done on the issue with the game slowing down from perfcounters. That should fix the savestate issue; for now you just need to use regular saves once in a while.

What's happening is that the game is monitoring performance somehow (at least, this is how I understand it) and loading a savestate causes it not to be able to do it, which for some reason makes the game run very slow.
(06-20-2014, 01:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Retroboy: Work is being done on the issue with the game slowing down from perfcounters. That should fix the savestate issue; for now you just need to use regular saves once in a while.

But thats the thing, im not using save states, im booting the game then selecting load game and loading the game save from using the type writer.

What's happening is that the game is monitoring performance somehow (at least, this is how I understand it) and loading a savestate causes it not to be able to do it, which for some reason makes the game run very slow.
Oh, the typewriter itself is just slow. It uses EFB Copies for something weird. I'm talking about general slowdown of the whole game.
I am also having a general slowdown with this game. It looks like the number of polygons on screen is the problem. Any way to speed it up?

Dolphin 4.0-2080
My computer brand: Toshiba Satellite L75D-A
Processor and Graphics: AMD A8-5550M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics (Quad Core @ 2.10 GHz 64-bit)
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Your CPU is too weak for this game
ill have to check my laptop, but the game itself after loading normally (did have little slowdown) was still relatively near full speed.

there is one thing im not sure but remember in older versions that you could alter the settings per game and it remember them.

now it seems if you alter settings to improve one game, the settings remain when you try playing a different game.

i think before under the settings you had a drop menu that had settings saved for the game and you just selected the game your playing to apply the settings you set.
(11-21-2012, 10:32 AM)omgitsamonster Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i think there is a problem with save states while playing Resident Evil Zero PAL version, tested with rev 832 and 791 capcom loop.

When i make a save state and then load it, the game runs at decreased performance, i have it with all the default settings except some improved graphical options, the game runs at 30 fps in game and 60 in menu/inventory, but after loading any save state it runs at 22 fps and 40.

I tested Remake and RE3 but it works fine with those games.

Thank you! Knowing this helped me fix my problem!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10