Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: It's purely disgusting how fast the time goes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I mean come on, it's already November and I didn't even have a chance to enjoy the summer as much as I wanted too before it ended.

I remember lying in my bed playing Metroid Prime 2 at this time last year and it felt like yesterday.

And yet again it's Friday tomorrow.....sigh at this rate I'll be dead soon if days feels like minutes and months continue to feel like days.

There isn't enough time to enjoy life and really live it, I keep telling myself that I got all the time in the world but in reality it's another story.

F*** it's depressing just to think about it.

But have it always been like this? More and more we talk about how much faster time goes. It feels like time is moving a hell of a lot faster these days then they used to, kinda like they're on speed or something.
[Image: th?id=I.4694400020972756&pid=15.1]
Ha ha time flies Big Grin
Don't worry, you'll be dead one day. Then you won't have to worry about how fast time goes anymore.
Speaking of death. Are you guys afraid of dying? When I was little I was really afraid, but now when I'm older I have a pretty calm attitude to it, it's only natural so why be afraid right?
No. It stops being inconvenient to you the very second it happens. It's a survival instinct that drives people to fear it which unfortunately none of us can really fully get rid of without completely rewiring our brain. So while we may say that we don't fear it (like I just did) when faced with a situation where you're about to die your survival instincts will kick and you will fear it again. The first thing your body will do is pump ridiculous quantities of epinephrine and norepinephrine into your system which will make you afraid. Unless it's a slow death like cancer that gives you time to adjust.
Everybody's afraid by death consciously or not.
There are two main reasons to this :
1- The unknown. You don't know what's going on once you died.
2- The nothingness. You can't really materialize that you won't think/exist any more
Quote:The nothingness. You can't really materialize that you won't think/exist any more

Sure you can. There was a period of time where you didn't exist before your birth. It would be exactly like that.

The reason we're afraid of death is because we're biologically programmed to be afraid of death, it's that simple, really. Even creatures without sentient intelligence are afraid of death.
I plan to live forever. So far so good.

If you want to maximize the time you have though, do stuff that you want to do. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Wake up early, get stuff done. That's what I do, and life seems to be moving along about as fast as I like it.
(11-02-2012, 03:53 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]we're biologically programmed to be afraid of death

We're biolically programmed to live and die. Not to be afraid of.
We're sociologically programmed to be afraid of. Actually I should say socially programmed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5