Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help finding a laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but I have been using dolphin on my pc for a few years and it runs as perfect as you can get it.

Now I'm a looking to buy a laptop for a maximum of £600.

I know it's not going to Be as good as my desktop but I was wondering what laptop would be good to buy that can use Dolphin at full speed?

I've looked at the Dell Inspiron 15R 5520, i7 3612QM, 1GB ATI 7670, 8GB 1600Mhz,1TB HDD, BT4.0
Would that be any good?

Thanks for all help.
No laptop is able to handle all games @ fullspeed. And for £600, you won't get a laptop with a powerful CPU+GPU.

Better get a desktop with Core i5-3570k.
I'm not looking for all games, mainly GameCube games to be honest. And tales Of symphonia 2
(10-22-2012, 10:30 PM)Chin2112 Wrote: [ -> ]mainly GameCube games to be honest

Some GC games need a powerful CPU. They may either be really demanding either need LLE (or both). Which ones do you plan to play?

(10-22-2012, 10:30 PM)Chin2112 Wrote: [ -> ]And tales Of symphonia 2

TOS games for example need LLE. Your CPU won't be enough for these games
I don't know how well a laptop can run Tales of Symphonia. You might have issues still. It could possibly be playable depending on the laptop though.
(10-22-2012, 10:37 PM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how well a laptop can run Tales of Symphonia. You might have issues still. It could possibly be playable depending on the laptop though.

Playable but not full speed. Moreover this game needs LLE
Well, the strongest mobile CPU with open multiplier ( afaik i7-2960XM) won't have problems, if you overclock it Big GrinBig Grin
Quote: TOS games for example need LLE. Your CPU won't be enough for these games
Only Tales of Symphonia does, not Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Either way, Tales of Symphonia will be playable, just not fullspeed all the time with LLE.
You should have no problem with Dawn of the New World.
Cheers guys, I never knew it was hard to find a laptop that could play the majority of games, I would be looking to play Pokemon, harvest moon, MKDD. Zelda. Demanding games I'm guessing.

The laptop a said in my thread starter, would that be any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221141524141?s...1423.l2649
Not really.

This is a multimedia laptop which will likely overheat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9