Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to change dolphin framerate to be more like wii? (more details below)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(09-23-2012, 02:56 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2012, 08:13 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2012, 06:08 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard good things about the r6515 build for speed, so do you know where to download it or the widescreen hack?

You can find old builds on the download page of the forum but as DefenderX said it isn't recommended to use them.
Widescreen Hack can be used if you check the option in Graphics/Advanced

Here's some old revisions:http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17605
Why don't you recommend them?

They aren't recommended because they're supposed to be less accurate and more buggy than recent builds. However they may be faster and useful for some games. You can use them if necessary but you should always prefer recent builds and at least Dolphin 3.0 the latest official release.
You can find them here too http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html?list=1
(09-23-2012, 03:04 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 02:56 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2012, 08:13 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2012, 06:08 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard good things about the r6515 build for speed, so do you know where to download it or the widescreen hack?

You can find old builds on the download page of the forum but as DefenderX said it isn't recommended to use them.
Widescreen Hack can be used if you check the option in Graphics/Advanced

Here's some old revisions:http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17605
Why don't you recommend them?

They aren't recommended because they're supposed to be less accurate and more buggy than recent builds. However they may be faster and useful for some games. You can use them if necessary but you should always prefer recent builds and at least Dolphin 3.0 the latest official release.
You can find them here too http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html?list=1

I get FPS between 45 and 50 with 3.0 but 60 FPS with the older build, so I'm using that one for most games.

(09-23-2012, 03:09 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I get FPS between 45 and 50 with 3.0 but 60 FPS with the older build, so I'm using that one for most games.

And latest builds are even slower than 3.0 Big Grin
(09-23-2012, 03:13 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 03:09 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I get FPS between 45 and 50 with 3.0 but 60 FPS with the older build, so I'm using that one for most games.

And latest builds are even slower than 3.0 Big Grin

Are you serious?
That's the general trend, yes. Dolphin's at the point in its development where it's emulating things more accurately than before. Essentially, you're taking fewer shortcuts, which makes it more demanding as you continue to do this. Some games have experienced noticeable speedups thanks to this increase in accuracy, however.
(09-25-2012, 05:35 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]That's the general trend, yes. Dolphin's at the point in its development where it's emulating things more accurately than before. Essentially, you're taking fewer shortcuts, which makes it more demanding as you continue to do this. Some games have experienced noticeable speedups thanks to this increase in accuracy, however.

So, certain builds work for certain games?
(09-25-2012, 05:47 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]So, certain builds work for certain games?

Yes and no. Some recent builds fix problems that made some games unplayable in earlier ones. Most games, however, will "work" just fine with 3.0 and any revisions higher than that. The main things that usually differ between revisions are the game's compatibility - e.g. any errors are issues with it - and how fast your hardware will be able to play the game.

As Dolphin's accuracy improves, you get greater compatibility, you generally lose out on speed. Like I said, sometimes you do manage to get more speed with newer, more accurate revisions, so the whole idea of "accuracy+, speed-" is just a general observation.

bluezeak

I'm trying to figure out how to get Montser Hunter Tri to run faster - it runs fine unless there's too many monsters on screen, then FPS drops - sometimes tanks. see my profile for more of my stats...

I saw this thread, specifically the talk about the CPU. I have a similar but faster CPU. Is it adequate, or would it still be slow? I know my graphics card could use updating. I guess I can try overclocking my cpu, it's designed for it (don't really have great cooling though).

AMD Phenom II X4 910 3.0 GHz (Quad-Core.)
Nvidia GeForce GT 240

I'm not intentionally hijacking the thread. I didn't realize that the FPS and gamespeed were sync'd. I originally came looking for info about frameskip, as I thought maybe I could speed the game up (even if choppy) if I turned on frameskip. I couldn't find any good documnetation about what the 10 different levels of frameskip do.
Sorry to tell you this but your cpu is not particularly good. Also the info. you posted is wrong, a phenom II 910 runs at 2.6 GHz, not 3.0GHz.
Yep, I agree. But you can improve the performance a bit, when you overclock your CPU.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6