Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to change dolphin framerate to be more like wii? (more details below)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:Just a curiosity. What exactly tells the console what resolution to render at?

The GC/Wii GPU only supports two resolutions if I recall (one of which is for SSAA). The software can't program the GPU pipeline to render at other resolutions.
It does scale the resolution as necessary, but that is a completely separate issue.
There's not a lot of options available for that either on the hardware side of things, which I suppose is a good thing for us.

The VID is responsible for scaling one of the axes, I can never remember which one.
I'm assuming the vertical one, since that is what is used for most resolution names and is the one that matters for proper 4:3 output.
(09-30-2012, 07:11 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It won't improve the image quality at all. It's unlikely that it will even be better than the scaler in your TV. Some people prefer the look of certain scaler algorithms but that's subjective.

The HD upscaler is for people who don't have a TV, like me because it can convert the YPbPr to VGA and the audio jack. I prefer consistency over image quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6