Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to change dolphin framerate to be more like wii? (more details below)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:I think if there were actualy framerate problems on wii,it would be same like with dolphin ( game would feel like in slow motion )

Yes. There are certain levels on certain games where the framerate does drop even on a real GC/Wii. And in these situations the game does usually slow down depending on how it was programmed.

Quote:I think xbox360 or ps3 is made more like pc in this regard,so they can handle better framerate problems.

It's up to the game developers.

99% of GC/Wii games have the framerate synced to the gamespeed (because the display logic is synced to the game logic). I know of at least one GC game that does not do this and I am sure there are more (baldurs gate: dark alliance if you were curious).

Older PC games are programmed this way too. PC game developers don't do it anymore but they used to.

As for the xbox360/PS3 MOST games are programmed with decoupled display logic and game logic (allowing the framerate to change without the gamespeed changing) but there are some games that are still programmed the old way (mostly ports from older consoles or XBLA, but not always).

Quote:It's the AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6 GHz Quad-Core.

That's a fairly slow cpu for dolphin. What game(s) are you trying to run?
(09-21-2012, 07:59 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]99% of GC/Wii games have the framerate synced to the gamespeed (because the display logic is synced to the game logic). I know of at least one GC game that does not do this and I am sure there are more (baldurs gate: dark alliance if you were curious).

I think Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast did so for multiplayer or something. Gir mentioned it, and even posted a screenshot. That was probably the only time he ever contributed something notable to a discussion.

Quote:That was probably the only time he ever contributed something notable to a discussion.

So true.
(09-21-2012, 07:59 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think if there were actualy framerate problems on wii,it would be same like with dolphin ( game would feel like in slow motion )

Yes. There are certain levels on certain games where the framerate does drop even on a real GC/Wii. And in these situations the game does usually slow down depending on how it was programmed.

Quote:I think xbox360 or ps3 is made more like pc in this regard,so they can handle better framerate problems.

It's up to the game developers.

99% of GC/Wii games have the framerate synced to the gamespeed (because the display logic is synced to the game logic). I know of at least one GC game that does not do this and I am sure there are more (baldurs gate: dark alliance if you were curious).

Older PC games are programmed this way too. PC game developers don't do it anymore but they used to.

As for the xbox360/PS3 MOST games are programmed with decoupled display logic and game logic (allowing the framerate to change without the gamespeed changing) but there are some games that are still programmed the old way (mostly ports from older consoles or XBLA, but not always).

Quote:It's the AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6 GHz Quad-Core.

That's a fairly slow cpu for dolphin. What game(s) are you trying to run?

It is? I've heard good things about the r6515 build for speed, so do you know where to download it or the widescreen hack?

Old builds like r6515 etc. are not recommended as they're unsupported and cause problems in most cases.
(09-22-2012, 06:28 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Old builds like r6515 etc. are not recommended as they're unsupported and cause problems in most cases.

Oh, that's a shame. What builds are supported, fast, and don't cause problems?
The official Dolphin 3.0 release Wink
He needs a better cpu for most games regardless of what build he uses.
(09-22-2012, 06:08 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard good things about the r6515 build for speed, so do you know where to download it or the widescreen hack?

You can find old builds on the download page of the forum but as DefenderX said it isn't recommended to use them.
Widescreen Hack can be used if you check the option in Graphics/Advanced

(09-22-2012, 08:13 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2012, 06:08 AM)tapirtoon Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard good things about the r6515 build for speed, so do you know where to download it or the widescreen hack?

You can find old builds on the download page of the forum but as DefenderX said it isn't recommended to use them.
Widescreen Hack can be used if you check the option in Graphics/Advanced

Here's some old revisions:http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17605
Why don't you recommend them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6