Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Killer 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Don't know how many of you care but I've spent a whole day with Killer 7 and took some screens to show how beautiful this game is.

[Image: 2re7equ.jpg]

[Image: 33xhuz4.jpg]

[Image: 21ya2o.jpg]

[Image: 2s62cqs.jpg]

[Image: 6qze53.jpg]

[Image: 2e3abe9.jpg]

Framerate is high, always above 60 fps, audio works fine but the music cuts off after a few seconds. One or two graphical effects are missing (at the level select screen the outline of the target doesn't explode, it just disappears).

The really game breaking thing here is the fact that bullets don't harm enemies. This causes a problem in the first 2-3 minutes of the game where you need to use collected blood (gained by defeating enemies with a critical hit) to destroy an obstacle with Dan's special ability. I'm sure that if you could actually shoot enemies you could finish the game (judging by the 4 or 5 rooms I visited without crashes).

I hope someone can figure out the 'shooting' glitch. If you need anything just ask.

Specs:
Core i7 920 2.67 ghz
6 GB DDR3
GTX 285 1GB
Build: Dolphin x64 r3549
yeah I couldn't shoot either, but found game playable at fullspeeds months ago
(07-08-2009, 03:33 PM)sporadik Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I couldn't shoot either, but found game playable at fullspeeds months ago

And you haven't found a solution yet? That's crap. We must be the only people that care about this game >_>
That's probably bug in JIT, have you tried IL version?
(07-08-2009, 06:10 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]That's probably bug in JIT, have you tried IL version?

Yeah, it makes the 'bullet hit something' effect show up, but still doesn't cause any damage to enemies. Other than that it crashes a lot more and has some messed up shadows.
I was very surprised to see a post here on this game! I got the same issue of the bullets not harming the Heaven Smile.

But the game sure does look pretty. I got around 40 frames last build but the game won't even start this time around. I'm assuming I'm not fiddling around with the settings as much as I should.

Damn, Bionic Catbus... Your CPU kills mine! My specs are:
AMD Phenom II x4 940 3GHz (Don't know how to overclock...)
4GB RAM
GTX 285 1GB
Dolphin R3661 (Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium)

Pleased to see there are others who appreciate and care for this game!
(07-08-2009, 10:09 PM)Phenomenal Flea Wrote: [ -> ]I was very surprised to see a post here on this game! I got the same issue of the bullets not harming the Heaven Smile.

But the game sure does look pretty. I got around 40 frames last build but the game won't even start this time around. I'm assuming I'm not fiddling around with the settings as much as I should.

Damn, Bionic Catbus... Your CPU kills mine! My specs are:
AMD Phenom II x4 940 3GHz (Don't know how to overclock...)
4GB RAM
GTX 285 1GB
Dolphin R3661 (Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium)

Pleased to see there are others who appreciate and care for this game!

I didn't have to fiddle with the settings at all, just enabled dual core, idle skipping, and unchecked lock threads to cores (don't know if this actually helps anything but I figured since I had 8 threads across 4 cores I might as well try). I get 90+ fps without any limiters.... maybe try the rev I'm on because I'm sure small differences like an extra 2GB of ram or Windows 7 instead of Vista would cause performance to double.
Yeah flea u should get way more than 40fps with that rig, it must be the rev you're using
Ah, that's great! Build R3549 runs brilliantly. The graphics really are beautiful with Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering.

I was hitting a solid 60 frames, with a shot to 30 (for like one second) when the first cut scene began. I could never make out what it was the Chris was giving to Garcian, and even though I still can't now Tongue, it's much clearer now.

[Image: killer7IDK.jpg]

So, what do you think it is?

EDIT: How about one more photo? The game looks great!

[Image: GK7E08-1.jpg?t=1247105631]
(07-09-2009, 12:13 PM)Phenomenal Flea Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that's great! Build R3549 runs brilliantly. The graphics really are beautiful with Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering.

I was hitting a solid 60 frames, with a shot to 30 (for like one second) when the first cut scene began. I could never make out what it was the Chris was giving to Garcian, and even though I still can't now Tongue, it's much clearer now.

[Image: killer7IDK.jpg]

So, what do you think it is?

EDIT: How about one more photo? The game looks great!

[Image: GK7E08-1.jpg?t=1247105631]

I always assumed it was the picture of Kun Lan in your inventory for that level.

Anyways the aspect ratio looks a bit off in your pics, I don't think Killer 7 can run anything other than 4:3 without looking like crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11