Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Killer 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

able_to_think

(04-13-2011, 04:39 AM)Rottiger Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, dude. This bug is creepy bullshit, so I'm sending you memcard states. You can begin only in the Sunset part beginning.
But don't worry - I will try again later. (Just don't wanna make you waiting too long again).
http://www.mediafire.com/?iul4te0663ur7vu

The link you gave isn't valid anymore. Could you please reupload that save again seeing as the issue still hasn't been fixed yet. It'd me much appreciatedBig Grin

BrainiacVeins

I might've found a partial fix for the whole Angel boss problem.

I went in the settings and disabled both lighting and fog.

There are still some huge problems (notably, the game slows to borderline unplayable FPS rate and the game crashed after the fourth wing was shot) but it might be a part of a quick user solution until whoever's in charge fixes the problem in a more permanent fashion.

Note: I was using Direct3D11, so that might also be part of it. Will test with Direct3D9.

EDIT: Managed to run without a hunch with Direct3D9! Although the framerate issue is still present (around 1 FPS) it still runs no problems, although possibly try to run without OpenMP texture decoder if it crashes and you have it on.
Hello,
I love how this game looks, but I have some major problems which nobody seems to have reported, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
First and most important, I can't proceed from the fight against handsome purple. The special attack animation ocurrs flawlessly, the rockets are shot, but... they disperse in the air, never hitting the guy.
Second, this game does not like xbox-controller, which habitually leads to a permanent reloading sequence, no matter what I do. I can only play with a terribly inaccurate usb-controler, which on top doesn't assign all commands (like precisely reloading).
Finally some other strange thing started to occur, but only lately, the opengl mode turns into a back screen (only moving edges). I thought now I couldn't even get past the angel sequence, thankfully, it also works on 3d9 in windowed mode and lowest resolution.
I would thank for any help, specially with the first issue of course!

EDIT: Uhm, I don't expect this board to be overflowing, but anybody who played the game could at least be able to tell if the problem with handsome purple is common and so, if there's a possible solution or not. I would love to finish the game! Thanks again.

Semi-pacifist

(06-14-2012, 03:45 AM)morpholog Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I love how this game looks, but I have some major problems which nobody seems to have reported, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
First and most important, I can't proceed from the fight against handsome purple. The special attack animation ocurrs flawlessly, the rockets are shot, but... they disperse in the air, never hitting the guy.
Second, this game does not like xbox-controller, which habitually leads to a permanent reloading sequence, no matter what I do. I can only play with a terribly inaccurate usb-controler, which on top doesn't assign all commands (like precisely reloading).
Finally some other strange thing started to occur, but only lately, the opengl mode turns into a back screen (only moving edges). I thought now I couldn't even get past the angel sequence, thankfully, it also works on 3d9 in windowed mode and lowest resolution.
I would thank for any help, specially with the first issue of course!

EDIT: Uhm, I don't expect this board to be overflowing, but anybody who played the game could at least be able to tell if the problem with handsome purple is common and so, if there's a possible solution or not. I would love to finish the game! Thanks again.

I'm using a razer onza xbox controller to play it and I noticed your infinite reloading problem too. You can either pause the game or just flick the right stick and you're golden. Unfortunately for me I'm still having the angel glitch where it's upset with the FIFO locations. I wish I'd paid more attention in programming class I might've been able to do something about that, it seems simple.
Thanks for the response. Don't know if yours is a special model of x-box- 360-controller, mine is average, and it doesn't even react to pause. The infinite reloading sequence seems to stop only by concidence, after some aleatory button smashing (often involving L+ R+ right analog), and it recommences also aleatorily, so no chance for me to enjoy gameplay with it. Concerning the angel issue, it's been enough written, and since it's almost scripted anyway, the slowdown doesn't affect me that much. Otherwise, it's an amazing and flawless graphical experience.
But what's with the damn handsome guy thing?! Could anybody make it past him?
EDIT: I overlooked the cgi files Sal posted on page 5, which unlock all levels, but only on Killer8-difficulty. Good thing. Nevertheless, I still hope somebody can offer a solution for the bug!

moonstruck_timberwolf

I got the Angel fight to work, albeit very slowly with the feather explosion and with screwed up sound until the next time I loaded a save, by using the OpenGL backend on r7584, with fog and lighting disabled. Hope this helps anyone trying to emulate the game.

Awakened

Here is a GCI at the beginning of the second stage (Sunset) for people who still need it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sxj6mx
(06-11-2012, 05:41 PM)able_to_think Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2011, 04:39 AM)Rottiger Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, dude. This bug is creepy bullshit, so I'm sending you memcard states. You can begin only in the Sunset part beginning.
But don't worry - I will try again later. (Just don't wanna make you waiting too long again).
http://www.mediafire.com/?iul4te0663ur7vu

The link you gave isn't valid anymore. Could you please reupload that save again seeing as the issue still hasn't been fixed yet. It'd me much appreciatedBig Grin

I will, just in case links by Awakened will get broken. Stay tuned!

(07-11-2012, 10:43 AM)Awakened Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a GCI at the beginning of the second stage (Sunset) for people who still need it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sxj6mx

Thanks for doing that. Cheers! Smile

UPD:
Memcard: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48495960/card.ZIP?dl=1
Savestate: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48495960/GK7E08.zip?dl=1
State on the screen between Cloudman and Encounter chapter (F6). First 4 targets (Angel, Sunset, Cloudman, Encounter) are available to play from there. Hope that helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11