Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Killer 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(07-20-2009, 10:10 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but these graphics look terrible...
This is supposed to be a technical discussion regarding Dolphin and Killer 7 and not regarding some people's close-mindedness. If you don't like the art style, keep it to yourself.

Anyways: I'd like to know what caused build 3816 to kind of work. Build 3854 for example is back to the basics, the crosshair doesn't even twitch the slightest, which was the case with some earlier builds. (Albeit you couldn't hit the enemies, still)
(07-20-2009, 11:50 AM)Frank_West Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways: I'd like to know what caused build 3816 to kind of work. Build 3854 for example is back to the basics, the crosshair doesn't even twitch the slightest, which was the case with some earlier builds. (Albeit you couldn't hit the enemies, still)

Yeah, I tried R3841, and the crosshair twitched in one paticular place and the Heaven Smile began to advance on me when I shot there. But I was unable to kill one.

Maybe we could post in support or somewhere where we are more likely to be heard. Truth be told, I don't think the game is popular enough to be bothered with at this stage, where they have more "important" games to fix... So, I'm not holding my breath.

(07-20-2009, 11:28 AM)Bionic Catbus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 10:10 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but these graphics look terrible...

How useful.

OK, while it is dissapointing to see that he doesn't appreciate the masterpiece that is killer7 (Tongue), you do need to be less juvenile when replying to these comments. This is a mature game with a mature storyline concerning mature themes, so show some respect and act maturely.

On a lighter note, it's interesting that you think so, THELUKESTIR. I think they look beautiful, but perhaps it's because I'm used to seeing them after finishing the game (the ending is amazing). Do you like the graphics choice of Viewtiful Joe or The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker?
(07-20-2009, 04:05 PM)Phenomenal Flea Wrote: [ -> ]This is a mature game with a mature storyline concerning mature themes, so show some respect and act maturely.

No, this is a game created with the sole purpose of having a plot so twisted and confusing that I don't think there is any words that exist to describe it.

But this thread isn't about talking about how we love/hate/etc. the game, it's how it runs on Dolphin.

As for that, my guess would be maybe trying to see if it works in interpreter mode, but I don't have the patience to get to the gameplay part at 3 FPS.
(07-20-2009, 04:23 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is a game created with the sole purpose of having a plot so twisted and confusing that I don't think there is any words that exist to describe it.

While, yes, I totally agree with that, I still stand by the fact that it is mature. I suppose it is, in fact, both.

(07-20-2009, 04:23 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]But this thread isn't about talking about how we love/hate/etc. the game, it's how it runs on Dolphin.

I'm totally aware of that. While we have been talking about the game itself, we've also been relevant and on topic too. Like keeping up with what revisions are actually letting us shoot the Heaven Smiles, whether it be on or off target. I've been getting this in R3841, like I said before.

(07-20-2009, 04:23 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]As for that, my guess would be maybe trying to see if it works in interpreter mode, but I don't have the patience to get to the gameplay part at 3 FPS.

Sounds like a good idea. However, I couldn't find the option in my search around the various options. Unless I'm blind, do you mind telling me where it is?

And, did you say you were getting 3FPS? How?
(07-20-2009, 06:31 PM)Phenomenal Flea Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 04:23 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]As for that, my guess would be maybe trying to see if it works in interpreter mode, but I don't have the patience to get to the gameplay part at 3 FPS.

Sounds like a good idea. However, I couldn't find the option in my search around the various options. Unless I'm blind, do you mind telling me where it is?

Unchecking "Enable the JIT dynrec" makes it run in interpreter mode, but it's so slow that playing any game normally pretty much impossible because it drops the framerate to single digits. But it's supposed to be more accurate, so it might be worth trying.
(07-21-2009, 01:26 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]

Unchecking "Enable the JIT dynrec" makes it run in interpreter mode, but it's so slow that playing any game normally pretty much impossible because it drops the framerate to single digits. But it's supposed to be more accurate, so it might be worth trying.

I actually just spent a good 15 minutes trying this... didn't help at all.
(07-21-2009, 02:00 PM)Bionic Catbus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2009, 01:26 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually just spent a good 15 minutes trying this... didn't help at all.

Well, that at least means we can strike JIT off the list of potential causes for the bug.
Hello, I am new here but I am a huge k7 fan and some GC/BBA knowlegde and too much time.

I managed to rip/dump my old save files from my GC memory card and use them in Dolphin Big Grin I finished the whole game even unlocked the hopper 7 mode. Anyway I want to share my files and some screenshots I took while drooling.

Just ask me what you need, but for now I give you my Killer 7 PAL saves
I just put in all I found on my old mmc.

The GCI files - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1gzmna3jzjm

And here the screenshots I took

http://www.sal4.de/new/killer7/

Here is what I used
-Dolphin SVN R 3869 64 bit ( unofficial afaik )
There are no texture/garbage bars at the botton ingame

Phenom x940
Ati Radeon 4870
8 Gb RAM
OpenGl AF 16x ,MSAA 16XQ CSAA
and for comfort reasons a GC controller over a usb adapter ( works great )

The game crashes at some parts like entering a new arena, but that might be due of loading from a statesave.
I havent tested too much yet, I am trying to rip out the 3d models too. more nfo about it here - http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=49163

If there is anything I can help you, just ask me. I am not a coder, but I use tools in a crazy combination and it works - these are some old debug shots I took with GCNRD from by gamecube ;D
http://www.sal4.de/new/k7/debug/

just a fan

sal
Great find Sal, how'd you get hit detection working?
(08-16-2009, 05:04 PM)Bionic Catbus Wrote: [ -> ]Great find Sal, how'd you get hit detection working?
Thanks
The hit detection isnt working propely yet, not even with the latest "Bi-Weekly Unofficial SVN build 3972"
But you can get some hit detection working at random times running the DolphinIL core. I also noticed that Mask can almost hit any enemy, but he is slow and I only have Killer8 mode saves where you can killed almost by any enemy.
Still, it hell of a fun. The 3d model capturing works better though. I almost got every character out of the game. Someone should try it too.

I am about to test the latest unofficial builds, lets see how they are doin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11