Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I am looking for a laptop that can play Dolphin at full speed on medium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I heard AMD has better graphics than intel, so should I get an AMD A8 or A10, or intel i5? I saw a YouTube video of someone playing NSMB Wii at full speed with an i3 laptop. Is tht all I need?
An Intel CPU is a better choice for Dolphin than AMD CPUs.
(09-16-2012, 02:01 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]An Intel CPU is a better choice for Dolphin than AMD CPUs.
Thanks, but is i5 on a laptop good enough with a 1GB nVIDEA ghx card? I am looking to play many games I own such as ssbm, Mario Kart dd, Pokemon xd, and even SpongeBob squarepants movie the video game, which is the best platformer ever. How would these games run?
You can't just give us brand names and ask if one is better than the other. Get very specific with the hardware you want to use and someone will be able to help.

(09-16-2012, 02:19 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You can't just give us brand names and ask if one is better than the other. Get very specific with the hardware you want to use and someone will be able to help.

Okay, an HP Pavilion Laptop with the latest intel core i5 with turbo boost to 3.1 GHz and dual core. Windows 7 home premium 64-bit, a 15.6" screen, an Ultra Overclock Edition Radeon HD PCI Express 3.0 graphics card with 1GB of mem and 1095MHz clock speed (not nVIDEA I thought it was) and 6GB of DDR3 RAM with 1.3GHz each.
So I posted as much as I could find about the laptop. Now I just want to know how well the games I listed would run and if the lag if any would make the game too annoying to play. Also if there is anything else I could do to make it run faster if it is going to lag
NSMB Wii will run very well on that CPU. As Dolphin use 2 cores (3, if LLE on thread is enabled), your CPU should run @ 2.9/3.0GHz which is enough for NSMB Wii (as long as the CPU doesn't overheat...). Mario Kart DD and the Spongebob game should run very well too.

Only with Pokemon XD, you'll have some performance problems.
Quote:the latest intel core i5 with turbo boost to 3.1 GHz

Which i5 is it exactly?

Quote:I own such as ssbm, Mario Kart dd, Pokemon xd, and even SpongeBob squarepants movie the video game, which is the best platformer ever. How would these games run?

These games should be playable. Try to tell us which processor it is exactly
(09-16-2012, 02:42 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the latest intel core i5 with turbo boost to 3.1 GHz

Which i5 is it exactly?

Quote:I own such as ssbm, Mario Kart dd, Pokemon xd, and even SpongeBob squarepants movie the video game, which is the best platformer ever. How would these games run?

These games should be playable. Try to tell us which processor it is exactly

On best buy all it says is 2nd gen intel core i5 with dual core and turbo boost from 2.5 to 3.1GHz
I meant 3rd gen, and if it helps here is the model number of the Laptop:
m6-1045dx
(09-16-2012, 03:37 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]On best buy all it says is 2nd gen intel core i5 with dual core and turbo boost from 2.5 to 3.1GHz
I meant 3rd gen, and if it helps here is the model number of the Laptop:
m6-1045dx

Should be a 3210m. The games you listed will be playable but not full speed. Pokemon XD for example is very demanding
Not really... NSMB Wii will run @ fullspeed for example. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8