Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and the AMD A6-3400M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I guess it's time to show people here that this AMD chip can actually play some games pretty well with Dolphin.

Dolphin 3.0-432 - 64-Bit (or later).
PC specs in my signature.

Copied from another thread:

Download K10Stat 154 here: https://sites.google.com/site/k10stat/

Take note of what your numbers are before changing them so they can be put back.

Go to the P-state section, select the P0, then the FID drop down menu can be set to the number that sets the speed to 2000, or you could go to 2100 or 2200 (the number will be different from your laptop to mine if you're on an A4 or A8, so I can't say what it is), hit apply. Play some games, check your temps often. If you get too far above 80C, stop playing and let it cool down. When you're done playing, set the P0 FID back to what is was originally. If you feel like it, post some game speed shots of before and after with the fps difference (Mario Galaxy probably won't benefit much, but other games will). I have no idea what the long term or even the short term affects of doing this will be, so it's your call. You can think about going to 2.3GHz if you like as well, but that's up to you. Don't let it get too hot!

I'm going to run all games at 2.2GHz for these tests and fps is uncapped.

[Image: 5DX0s.jpg]

These are just some reminders:

1) Check your temperatures
2) Check your temperatures
3) Check your temperatures
4) Keep the laptop plugged in and set the power options to high performance
5) Don't change anything else outside of the P0 area (if you don't know, don't touch it)
6) When you're done, set the P0 back to where it was originally

Dolphin settings:

1) Use DX9
2) Use EFB to Texture
3) Set the frame limit to off, no limit for now
4) Check off "skip EFB access from CPU" and "ignore format changes"
5) Set the Internal Resolution to 1x for now (no AA), use this for getting your max IR level http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20712

NSMBW:

[Image: g29Ii.jpg]

[Image: vYjbI.jpg]

Kirby Return To Dreamland:

[Image: i8dCN.jpg]

[Image: 3QlwF.jpg]

Zelda TP:

[Image: gWEhJ.jpg]

[Image: w8ZJa.jpg]

[Image: 8h5dj.jpg]

Zelda WW:

[Image: FHl4X.jpg]

[Image: SKAYj.jpg]

There are plenty more. I'm not saying all games run well, but a lot do.
Quote:[Image: 8h5dj.jpg]
Now load a nearly-complete game save of ZTP, go to Hyrule Field and post a screenshot Big Grin
A few more games for your viewing pleasure.

Luigi's Mansion:

[Image: CRHIF.jpg]

[Image: wXENV.jpg]

[Image: rxgvV.jpg]

Mario Party 7:

[Image: ljTNu.jpg]

[Image: 4G6TT.jpg]
Hey Smile I want to buy a laptop with a A6-3400m Processor, which is powered by an HD 6540G2 Videocard. My question: in which resolution do you play Zelda WW and TP? Does it run smoth in 1.5 or 2.0 Resolution? Or even in 2.5? Looking forward to hear from you! Smile
Be aware that it's not going to play all games at good speeds or in all game situations, and that this laptop is not going to be able to run games fast enough right out of the box. You'll have follow my instructions and do exactly what I did otherwise games will run too slow. My laptop has an HD6650 discrete GPU (HD 6720G2) and it can play games at 2.5 IR (Zelda WW and TP included). Having said all of that, you're still better off getting an i5 or an i7 laptop instead.
(03-17-2012, 05:24 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Be aware that it's not going to play all games at good speeds or in all game situations, and that this laptop is not going to be able to run games fast enough right out of the box. You'll have follow my instructions and do exactly what I did otherwise games will run too slow. My laptop has an HD6650 discrete GPU (HD 6720G2) and it can play games at 2.5 IR (Zelda WW and TP included). Having said all of that, you're still better off getting an i5 or an i7 laptop instead.

I know ^^ I've overclocked my AMD Athlon 4200+ to 2,8 GHz but it runs on 14 FPS with 1.0 resolution,lol. Thank you 2.5 is indeed high, so I dont need an Intel Laptop. The most laptops on this price class doesn't have an dedicated graphics card.

So your videocard is an HD 6720G2 which means you have a dual graphics system(HD 6520g+HD 6650m), like "my" laptop(6470m). The next question: does dolphin use dual graphics?

If not, our system use the integrated HD 6520G and not the dedicated HD 6470m ( in your notebook HD 6650m) or am I wrong? Thank you for answer my questions Wink
(03-17-2012, 05:45 AM)dampflokfreund Wrote: [ -> ]The next question: does dolphin use dual graphics?

No.

(03-17-2012, 05:45 AM)dampflokfreund Wrote: [ -> ]If not, our system use the integrated HD 6520G and not the dedicated HD 6470m ( in your notebook HD 6650m) or am I wrong? Thank you for answer my questions Wink

The discrete card (HD6650) gets used when Dolphin or other graphic intensive programs are used. I wouldn't be able to use 2.5 IR with the HD6520G.

Some more random shots overclocked at 2.4GHz with r6000.

[Image: Di9zq.jpg]

[Image: LvsWQ.jpg]

[Image: F6YQe.jpg]

[Image: dChUI.jpg]

[Image: 5ehQR.jpg]

[Image: WMFMx.jpg]

That aspect ratio looks a bit painful.
Otherwise, looks great.
twilight princess with 2.4ghz at 100%???
whats the fps in town? infight?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8