Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Laptop is better for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Which one of these two laptops will dolphin run better(Better fps)?

Option 1:-

PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2540M processor 2.60 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.30 GHz

OPERATING SYSTEM English Genuine Windows®7 Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT)

GRAPHICS CARD 3GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M Graphics Card

MEMORY 4096MB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

Option 2:-

PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

OPERATING SYSTEM English Genuine Windows®7 Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT)

GRAPHICS CARD 3GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M Graphics Card

MEMORY 4096MB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

Im planing to play Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Zelda TP, Zelda SS (when it is released)

what kind of fps can I expect for these games on the better Laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Option 1
(05-12-2011, 09:36 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Option 1

thanks for the reply admin89, i wanted to check again before i order this today.

If any one else has different opinions please reply. Thanks
As admin89 said, Option 1 totally since it's got higher clock frequency which Dolphin requires to play decently.
Option1 : 4Cores no HT 3.3ghz

Option2 : 4Cores +HT 2.9ghz

Dolphin uses 2cores(with lle 3cores)

go for Option 1

Option 2 is only a Solution for CAD,Photoshop,grahpicer,coder,etc...
but not for gamer
Go 1!Big Grin
has anyone else noticed that only the CPU is different between the options?
(05-13-2011, 03:54 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone else noticed that only the CPU is different between the options?

yep.
Quote:has anyone else noticed that only the CPU is different between the options?
Quote:yep.

lol. 1, most definitely.
Personally i would say that you should base a laptop decision on dolphin, i'm going to go against the grain and say option 2. Sure you may gain a frame for two with the higher clocks, but then again if they ever gett LLE on thread working well, you might be better off anyways. Then for pretty much everything else besides dolphin you be better off
Pages: 1 2 3 4