Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda: Twilight Princess Audio Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was using to the HLE plugin but found important musical pieces were entirely missing. I changed to the LLE plugin.

With the LLE plugin, I've been able to gain the music in key areas, but there is quite a lot of static throughout now, due to the change. It's quite irritating.

I've heard it may have to do with the dump files. What does this mean?

I'm currently using the new r7124 version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Who's build are you using currently?

I provide builds with a patch for LLE audio that should get rid of most of the static, garbage noise, crackling. The builds can be downloaded from here:

http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/categor...vn-builds/

http://cid-b8ece3275d590dda.office.live....ic/Dolphin
I went ahead and downloaded your r7168 build. Is that the best one available?

Also, would I have to create a new game? Because what I'm currently doing is just transferring the save from the other. This won't effect it in anyway, right?
I started testing it and seems the static is still quite strong in the sequences I loaded up.

Wow, I did some more testing and found the audio to be almost unbearable.

Check it out for yourself:

http://hotfile.com/dl/105055624/11e3ab7/...d.wma.html
its because your computer cannot maintain a steady framerate.
That is not static, the brief pauses of silence are due to the game not running full speed. LLE audio is tightly synced with the CPU like the actual hardware to prevent desyncs, that unfortunately is the price of accurate emulation. Your only choices are to deal with it, invest in a more powerful system that can run LLE emulation with decent performance or use the broken HLE plugin. The issue with missing music, BGM stopping and other HLE audio bugs are unlikely to ever be fixed with HLE emulation. Developers are focusing on improving LLE performance, and someday near perfect LLE emulation will replace HLE. There hasn't been any improvements for HLE audio emulation in months that would alleviate or resolve this issue, the issue itself is nearly one or two years old now so I wouldn't hold my breath on it being fixed with HLE audio emulation anytime soon.
(02-16-2011, 07:23 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]That is not static, the brief pauses of silence are due to the game not running full speed. LLE audio is tightly synced with the CPU like the actual hardware to prevent desyncs, that unfortunately is the price of accurate emulation. Your only choices are to deal with it, invest in a more powerful system that can run LLE emulation with decent performance or use the broken HLE plugin. The issue with missing music, BGM stopping and other HLE audio bugs are unlikely to ever be fixed with HLE emulation. Developers are focusing on improving LLE performance, and someday near perfect LLE emulation will replace HLE. There hasn't been any improvements for HLE audio emulation in months that would alleviate or resolve this issue, the issue itself is nearly one or two years old now so I wouldn't hold my breath on it being fixed with HLE audio emulation anytime soon.
My computer is not weak, though.

I'm running a core i7 with 2 Radeon HD 6950 crossfire support.

Thoughts?
Also, I am running the PAL edition. That wouldn't effect it, right?
again, your computer is not maintaining emulation at steady performance..
Is LLE jit on?
(02-16-2011, 10:17 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Is LLE jit on?
What is LLE jit?
They changed the name to lle recompiler. Go to the audio tab, you will see it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4